+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, you can get players when they’re eligible for final Academy contracts which are usually signed at sixteen - that’s what happened to us with the likes of Matondo, Crew and Biancheri.

What I’m saying is that if Leeds and Man United were looking to sell Crew and Biancheri in the future, they’d have to offer them to us for whatever we got in compensation for them.
    if they are looking to sell them for a large fee to a big club then the players aren't likely to want to come back here are they?

I'd like to see a mandatory sell on clause for all players under a certain age, where the transfer fee is proportionally split between by how many years over the age of 8 say that they've trained with each club

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if they are looking to sell them for a large fee to a big club then the players aren't likely to want to come back here are they?

I'd like to see a mandatory sell on clause for all players under a certain age, where the transfer fee is proportionally split between by how many years over the age of 8 say that they've trained with each club
    That’s not a bad idea.

There’d definitely be those who’d choose not to come back to their old clubs, but I think it would be quite attractive to others, especially if it meant there’d be something available to give them a more attractive signing on package.

The under 21s game is 1-1 at half time, pretty drab stuff really with City looking as lacking in creativity as the first team - Isaak Davies is doing his chances of a call up no harm though.