+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can anyone tell me anything we did well today? I suppose our frantic, last ditch defending wasn’t bad.
    My post says that, but in too many words. You said it better

I fear the worst and hope I am wrong.

There are 18 points to play for but the lack of balls we show it might as well be 9 with Sheff United, Watford and Burnley away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We are poor, but we aren't getting screwed, we weren't today, and had enough of the ball to do something positive with it, Sunderland were better in midfield in terms of stretching the play a bit and controlling the ball, but they weren't great either. The goal we conceded was awful all round, Ng getting too square on, and the wall braking up, and Alsops hand not being strong enough, but the rub for me is that there was no quality from us, not an ounce, not one player had the ability to do something even close to special in order to get that vital goal, it just wasn't there. Hopeful punts, stretched shots, no movement around the box and no creativity in midfield. Someone has to come up with the goods in a game like today, just for a few seconds, and it would have made all the difference.
    The only player in our squad who can give us that is Philogene but he was off the pace today . Still surprised he was taken off so early though.

We were terrible for the first 30 minutes of the game, just like against Swansea in the last home game. No idea why we can’t try to get on the front foot in home games

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I fear the worst and hope I am wrong.

There are 18 points to play for but the lack of balls we show it might as well be 9 with Sheff United, Watford and Burnley away.
    You can't accuse this side of not showing Character (or balls as you put it) It's quality that's missing.

You can't accuse this side of not showing Character (or balls as you put it) It's quality that's missing.
    I can and I am.

We lack quality and character.

That reaction to the rebound against Swansea has nothing to do with quality, as a typical example off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    The only player in our squad who can give us that is Philogene but he was off the pace today . Still surprised he was taken off so early though.

We were terrible for the first 30 minutes of the game, just like against Swansea in the last home game. No idea why we can’t try to get on the front foot in home games
    We did take it to sunderland after the goal, but there was nothing, hopeful balls into the box, dreadful delivery, shit movement, no quality whatsoever, nothing from midfield. I can't really get angry when players aren't good enough. We don't lack work rate, just someone who can do something special. You're right about Philogene, although this is new territory for him, and i suppose it's a bit of an ask to get him performing every week. It's a sad situation when he seems to be our only creative outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can anyone tell me anything we did well today? I suppose our frantic, last ditch defending wasn’t bad.

Ya,took Ojo off after 30 minutes

That goal! https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...hip-highlights
    That's 3 goals conceded in 3 games where the ball's come off the post to the scorer.

I can and I am.

We lack quality and character.

That reaction to the rebound against Swansea has nothing to do with quality, as a typical example off the top of my head.
    Fine, that's your shout. I don't agree with you. The work rate is there, the willingness is there, the quality and ability isn't unfortunately.

Fine, that's your shout. I don't agree with you. The work rate is there, the willingness is there, the quality and ability isn't unfortunately.
    We're lacking in a few areas for me.

You're telling me the reaction to that rebound against Swansea was showing desire and character?

That really was utterly dismal. I know this team lacks quality but that was an abymal showing and the management and coaching staff need to look at themselves as well.

A small Sunderland side and our first corner it seems to me as nobody as a clue who is taking it until Ojo eventually jogs over.

Later on similar and its Ngs turn who cant even keep it in.

Romeo starts LB then hes RB.

Then 2 subs 1st half and Jack Simpsons turn at LWB.

By the end weve just got 11 on the pitch just having a bit of a go. No idea on any shape or tactical plan.

Sunderland looked your typical mid table Championship side but were miles better than us.

We improved when Ralls replaced the completely anonymous Sawyers.

I think if Reading or QPR win 2 games we are fecked.

We're lacking in a few areas for me.

You're telling me the reaction to that rebound against Swansea was showing desire and character?
    I'm not telling you anything. You can think what you like.

I'm not telling you anything. You can think what you like.
    Some show character, others virtually none.

Sawyers and Ojo showing desire? You're having a laugh.
    Desire not part of the problem though. Out of the question.

Just home. That was embarrassing today
    We can’t even do the basis right. Appalling and to be honest we deserve to go down.

Some show character, others virtually none.

Sawyers and Ojo showing desire? You're having a laugh.
    Desire not part of the problem though. Out of the question.
    Because the two players you just mentioned don't play that way, and you're assuming that they would become better players if they were 'on it' more. Think before you strike lewj, i don't rate either sawyers or ojo, but that's how they play, urgency isn't in their bank, doesn't mean that they're not putting it in. Problem is that they're not very good and they both lack quality, so desire isn't going to win the day for them, because it would be artificial. Ojo is poor and sawyers is finished.

Because the two players you just mentioned don't play that way, and you're assuming that they would become better players if they were 'on it' more. Think before you strike lewj, i don't rate either sawyers or ojo, but that's how they play, urgency isn't in their bank, doesn't mean that they're not putting it in. Problem is that they're not very good and they both lack quality, so desire isn't going to win the day for them, because it would be artificial. Ojo is poor and sawyers is finished.
    Think before I strike?

You said it isn't lack of desire.
    I name you two players who show the square root of zero desire and you say it isn't in their make up?

That is two thirds of our midfield three who do not have desire in their make up and it isn't an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Just home. That was embarrassing today
    We can’t even do the basis right. Appalling and to be honest we deserve to go down.
    Thought it would be a draw today before the kick off but once again we failed to start the game in rthe correct manner with the manager taking 2 off at 35 minutes as we couldn't get near never mind keep the ball. Conceded from a free kick again where I feel Allsop is slow to get to it and no City player in sight to react to rebound , didn't they learn from Swansea goal ? We then huffed and puffed throwing high balls into box without really looking like scoring! We are in real trouble. Also we are so poor at home , I am starting to doubt my sanity going down every game expecting to see some football, goals and gulp a win or 2 !

Embarrassing effort first half, made Sunderland look like prime Swansea.

Then it didn't get a whole lot better second half.

This is going down to Burnley isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Thought it would be a draw today before the kick off but once again we failed to start the game in rthe correct manner with the manager taking 2 off at 35 minutes as we couldn't get near never mind keep the ball. Conceded from a free kick again where I feel Allsop is slow to get to it and no City player in sight to react to rebound , didn't they learn from Swansea goal ? We then huffed and puffed throwing high balls into box without really looking like scoring! We are in real trouble. Also we are so poor at home , I am starting to doubt my sanity going down every game expecting to see some football, goals and gulp a win or 2 !
    It’s becoming depressing, the lack of quality is awful.

I had to leave on 85 minutes today and I left knowing there was no chance we’d score. So poor.

Think before I strike?

You said it isn't lack of desire.
    I name you two players who show the square root of zero desire and you say it isn't in their make up?

That is two thirds of our midfield three who do not have desire in their make up and it isn't an issue?
    I answered your question, i gave my reasons why i think what i do. You don't agree, that's fine, i can't see any point in going back and forth with it. I can recall Steve Mc Phail getting caught up against Swansea, could say that he was showing too much desire, and not thinking with his head, he was sent off, twice i think. Obviously, Mc phail was a much better player than the two mentioned, but the point is that when a player attempts to show characteristics that aren't natural, then it can actually make the situation worse. Ojo and sawyers have never been those types of players, they may well be shit, but i don't believe that they're not putting it in. It may not look like it to you, and that's your opinion, that's how you see it

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Embarrassing effort first half, made Sunderland look like prime Swansea.

Then it didn't get a whole lot better second half.

This is going down to Burnley isn't it.
    I was going to say you mean going down at Burnley, but we’ll be down before then if we keep playing like we did today.

Hopeless in many areas, clueless in others. We would not have scored if we had still be playing now. One shot went for a throw in after all! I feel we will stay up thanks to points deductions and other teams incompetence, BUT with two more restricted transfer windows what sort of squad will start next season irrespective of which division we are in.

Our better loan players will go back to their clubs and certainly won't sign for us on frees.

23 / 24 looks bleak and my opinion and the manager is still out - his record is poor.

I answered your question, i gave my reasons why i think what i do. You don't agree, that's fine, i can't see any point in going back and forth with it. I can recall Steve Mc Phail getting caught up against Swansea, could say that he was showing too much desire, and not thinking with his head, he was sent off, twice i think. Obviously, Mc phail was a much better player than the two mentioned, but the point is that when a player attempts to show characteristics that aren't natural, then it can actually make the situation worse. Ojo and sawyers have never been those types of players, they may well be shit, but i don't believe that they're not putting it in. It may not look like it to you, and that's your opinion, that's how you see it
    Callum Robinson had never been sent off in his career before the game at Swansea - his actions were completely out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    Hopeless in many areas, clueless in others. We would not have scored if we had still be playing now. One shot went for a throw in after all! I feel we will stay up thanks to points deductions and other teams incompetence, BUT with two more restricted transfer windows what sort of squad will start next season irrespective of which division we are in.

Our better loan players will go back to their clubs and certainly won't sign for us on frees.

23 / 24 looks bleak and my opinion and the manager is still out - his record is poor.
    I’d say that was our manager’s worst day since he came here.

You've just said that two of our starting three central midfielders don't have desire in their make up but it isn't an issue.

I think in an area where it is most needed I'd say it is a big issue.

We'll agree to disagree.