+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sabri's comments post Sunderland

Re: Sabri's comments post Sunderland

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We were dreadful in midfield and up front .

The players that got rightly dragged off were guilty of inpeptness.

McGuinness was easily the class act .

Kaba is very raw and probably won't get any better than what we can see now.

Ralls does look better these days on the left .

Davies looked out of depth so much different when he first appeared on the scene, where has his promise and youthful swagger going .
    In football you're only as good as those around you. Several City players could fit into another Championship side, but not all together. We don't have any 'good' players - they're either average or below average, Another team could absorb one or possibly two, but we've got all eleven on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL

Get back on the 💼 Dembe ffs
    You should know yourself not to encourage that

Having a bank holiday swig are you.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    McGuinness is being exposed by playing on the left. In a two, he needs to be on the right, Kipre left, in a three switched with Kipre. I'd prefer a three of McGuinness-Kipre-Simpson but hey ho.

Davies isn't a wide player, lacks the crossing end product. He's probably best running off the last shoulder of a defender, which is difficult to do when you're a goal down, lumping the ball forward and the oppositions are dropping deep.
    Davies lacks "the crossing end product."

Really?

https://youtu.be/4M4kvXsW9L0

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You should know yourself not to encourage that

Having a bank holiday swig are you.
    By the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Davies lacks "the crossing end product."

Really?

https://youtu.be/4M4kvXsW9L0
    Some of the attempted balls into the box from him today were less than great.

If we accept the fact that sabri should really have had the job within a few weeks of the start of the season , that the club should have paid what was owed and that at least half of the 11 we put out on the pitch every game are not up to league 1 standard ...and mix in bizarre formations and substitutions like today and a lack of fight ....

Then it's no surprise we are a game away from being in the relegation zone

We have showed instances of real quality and fight since he took over but nowhere near enough

If we get relegated it would seem daft to look for someone else but .....

Would anyone object ?

He's getting barely better results than Hudson ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    McGuinness is being exposed by playing on the left. In a two, he needs to be on the right, Kipre left, in a three switched with Kipre. I'd prefer a three of McGuinness-Kipre-Simpson but hey ho.

Davies isn't a wide player, lacks the crossing end product. He's probably best running off the last shoulder of a defender, which is difficult to do when you're a goal down, lumping the ball forward and the oppositions are dropping deep.
    McGuiness is very good in several departments but he rarely marks players whilst pointing at others to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The lineup was horrific, Sawyers and Wintle as a midfield two in a 4-4-2? Laughable.
    I can’t believe that anyone thinks that Wintle and Sawyers as a two is going to work. Our midfield is so pedestrian, we were simply being over run.

That said, taking off Philogene, our best player by a mile for the last few weeks was just bizarre. I assumed that he was injured.

If we slip into the relegation zone I wouldn't be surprised to see Tan pull the trigger.

Mehmet Dalman last 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Philogene wasnt playing well but others were worse. I thought he must have been injured. Seems he wasnt and it was tactical.
    The ONE player that we have (on loan!) who can create something and has been in good form scoring goals, and he gets taken off.

Just bizarre.

We were shit before him, still shit now.

So far off teams even like Sunderland who were league 1 last season. They looked far more comfortable doing pretty much anything.

Taking off Philogene for anything but an injury in the form he's in is ridiculous. Our only player that offers something different and unpredictable going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We were shit before him, still shit now.

So far off teams even like Sunderland who were league 1 last season. They looked far more comfortable doing pretty much anything.

Taking off Philogene for anything but an injury in the form he's in is ridiculous. Our only player that offers something different and unpredictable going forward.
    You can't make a decent chicken curry with tinned corned beef

The playing staff , in general , are sub standard

Having said that he should be getting more out of them so it's a five out of ten for me

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Some of the attempted balls into the box from him today were less than great.
    I take the points noted but he can actually cross.

I take the points noted but he can actually cross.
    He can at times yes. He wasn't great today.

He can at times yes. He wasn't great today.
    City haven't been great all season, as a team were very poor today.

Davies was part of that. I'm assuming Lamouchi doesn't rate him or doesn't see him as fitting his playing system?

After just over half an hour of a home match, we took off two players who are more effective in attack than defence to bring on a midfielder who’s scored three league goals in a fairly long career and a centreback - only at Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    After just over half an hour of a home match, we took off two players who are more effective in attack than defence to bring on a midfielder who’s scored three league goals in a fairly long career and a centreback - only at Cardiff City.
    Not having a go but do you think it was working?

If not, how would you have changed it?

City haven't been great all season, as a team were very poor today.

Davies was part of that. I'm assuming Lamouchi doesn't rate him or doesn't see him as fitting his playing system?
    Not many managers seem to rate that many of our younger players.

It can't be the manager every time surely.

And we were better after it.

Not hard, but point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And we were better after it.

Not hard, but point still stands.
    That’s what we’ve become - we were crap before the change, but, fair play, we were slightly less crap after it.

He’s right.

Before the subs the commentators said two subs were coming on, I guessed one would be Philogene, assumed injured as he was hardly moving or pressing, turns out he was just being lazy.

1st 1/2 was atrocious, Ojo was being torn apart and needed help

We looked much better than Ralls and Issac came on, a completely different team attacking and a much higher press

Not having a go but do you think it was working?

If not, how would you have changed it?
    I’d have taken Wickham off and brought Etete on, I would never have picked Ojo in the first place and would have picked Bagan on the left rather than trying to fit three square pegs into a round hole.

That’s what we’ve become - we were crap before the change, but, fair play, we were slightly less crap after it.
    Yes, funny what cheers uanup these days isn't it

We seem to be dependent on the opposition not taking a few of their many chances they have during a game.