Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
On the flip side I find it odd that you went to a place but can't remember who it was with, if you were behind the goal or not etc.

What bits do you actually remember? Just the name of the place and nothing outside of that? Maybe others remember like that but usually my memories are just that. Actual things that happened. Some more than others but details, as fuzzy as they might be. I wouldn't look at say Sheffield United this Saturday and think Sheffield, I've been there, with literally no background information. That seems peculiar to me.
I went with my dad to Wrexham, as all away trips back in the day, I was just thinking about the wider picture who was on the coach etc I'd have no clue.

As for the play off game, family, but again, there was a whole day out and I can't remember where we went pre game and who we were with.

If I was going to Sheffield for example, I'd know I'd been there and where the ground was, what pubs to go to, it's the same as going back to Ibiza and knowing where to go on the piss..
I just can't see how someone can remember 50 years ago like it was this morning