+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ng

Re: Ng

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Some people don’t like him but I think he’s had a great season, versatile and always puts a shift in.
    I think people don’t like him because he’s unconventional

He doesn’t fit the standard mould of what a full back or centre back should be

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think people don’t like him because he’s unconventional
    Some people (me included) don’t like him because he’s a cheat. If he didn’t have that element to his game he’d be a lot more popular than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Some people (me included) don’t like him because he’s a cheat. If he didn’t have that element to his game he’d be a lot more popular than he is.
    Hard to see how he could be any more popular - Last night he won Player of the Season, AND Player's player. Looks like he's pretty popular to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Hard to see how he could be any more popular - Last night he won Player of the Season, AND Player's player. Looks like he's pretty popular to me.
    I'd assume TLG meant amongst fans rather than the players.

End of the day, Ng is a shithouse, but he's our shithouse. Lose Ng, and our squad is full of nicey nicey guys. A squad that, if one of ours was hacked down, would go to the ref and say "I say, dear chap, that seems a bit nawty" whereas Ng would get stick in, try to start something then hack the offender down at the next oportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    I'd assume TLG meant amongst fans rather than the players.
    To quote Cardiff City's website, the Player of the Season Award was "as chosen by the supporters".

To quote Cardiff City's website, the Player of the Season Award was "as chosen by the supporters".
    Well, that shows TLG was wrong then. I was surprised, I'd have thought Kipre, O'Dowda or Kaba would be preferred.

It shows that fans do actually prefer a shithouse then. Can't remember who the last one we had before Ng would be? Chopra? Bellamy?

The game of football has changed immeasurably over the last 20 years, most of it for the worst.

These people don't just go out there to play football any more, they are actors/entertainers (I use the latter loosely in our case).
    The game is all about winning and players are conditioned to do all they can to get the better of their opponent, even if that means "cheating".

Since he came here, Ng has done well in difficult circumstances for whoever he has played for in whatever position he is asked to play.
    Philogene has shown his class in the latter part of the campaign but Ng deserves man of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The game of football has changed immeasurably over the last 20 years, most of it for the worst.

These people don't just go out there to play football any more, they are actors/entertainers (I use the latter loosely in our case).
    The game is all about winning and players are conditioned to do all they can to get the better of their opponent, even if that means "cheating".

Since he came here, Ng has done well in difficult circumstances for whoever he has played for in whatever position he is asked to play.
    Philogene has shown his class in the latter part of the campaign but Ng deserves man of the season.
    I'd say Ng has been the most consistent player all season, not the best player.

I’d have given it to O’Dowda, but don’t have a problem with Ng winning it.

Maybe I'm wrong. But who actually votes for Player of the Year? Did you? I didn't. No idea how it's done these days.

I've spoken to plenty of people during the course of this season who are unimpressed with Ng's persistent play-acting and feigning injury. It gets mentioned on here by a number of people too. But maybe we're in small minority. I have no idea.

Plenty of people still idolise Warnock judging by yesterday's embarrassing reaction to a City defeat inside the ground. But that doesn't mean we all do by any means.

These people don't just go out there to play football any more, they are actors/entertainers (I use the latter loosely in our case). The game is all about winning and players are conditioned to do all they can to get the better of their opponent, even if that means "cheating".
    I understand what you're saying, but the likes of Romeo, McGuinness, Kipre, Ralls, Wintle, etc, don't do what Ng does.

The way I see it is we cannot complain when opponents feign injury and attempt to get our players booked or sent off if we condone one of our own players doing just that. And the thing is, the evidence of this season would suggest that Ng and the team gain absolutely nothing from it. The opposite, in fact.

I understand what you're saying, but the likes of Romeo, McGuinness, Kipre, Ralls, Wintle, etc, don't do what Ng does.

The way I see it is we cannot complain when opponents feign injury and attempt to get our players booked or sent off if we condone one of our own players doing just that. And the thing is, the evidence of this season would suggest that Ng and the team gain absolutely nothing from it. The opposite, in fact.
    Bellamy and Chopra did exactly the same with nobody condemning them.

Part of our issue this season is that we've been too nice.

Plenty of people still idolise Warnock judging by yesterday's embarrassing reaction to a City defeat inside the ground. But that doesn't mean we all do by any means.
    I doubt many of those who applauded Warnock "idolise" him.

I saw it as an appreciation of an ex-manager who wears his heart on his sleeve, someone who loves the game and everything that goes with it.

You'll enjoy this interview, plenty of the usual catchphrases and superlatives...

https://youtu.be/dMwqqJOyRjg

I would have gone for Kipre or O’Dowda.

Were you there yesterday?

Maybe I'm wrong. But who actually votes for Player of the Year? Did you? I didn't. No idea how it's done these days.

I've spoken to plenty of people during the course of this season who are unimpressed with Ng's persistent play-acting and feigning injury. It gets mentioned on here by a number of people too. But maybe we're in small minority. I have no idea.

Unfortunately warnock has returned to us twice since leaving. Once for boro when mick had lost 9 in a row and was playing 5 centre backs. And yesterday when we played like that after a season like this.

Both times we have been very very very bad. Applause and chants for him as much to do with frustration at our situations I'd say. Had we kicked on since he left and his side were beaten 4 0 here it wouldn't be the same but we are a long way from that.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    End of the day, Ng is a shithouse, but he's our shithouse. Lose Ng, and our squad is full of nicey nicey guys. A squad that, if one of ours was hacked down, would go to the ref and say "I say, dear chap, that seems a bit nawty" whereas Ng would get stick in, try to start something then hack the offender down at the next oportunity.

I wouldn't encourage such action but you'd hope someone would "leave something on them" in retribution and Ng is one of few in our side who would.

The definition of a "shithouse" player for me would be someone like Gary Madine.
    Someone who bases his entire game around intimidation and aggression.

I wouldn't be surprised if THAT "tackle" on Ng at ours was followed by 'serves him right' shouts from our own

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Applause and chants for him as much to do with frustration at our situations I'd say.
    Well I don't know about you, but I never thought I'd see the day when hundreds if not thousands of Cardiff City fans were celebrating a City defeat with an opposition manager after a game. I don't care who he is, that was absolutely shocking and plenty of people seemed to feel the same as I was walking out of the ground. But maybe it's another indication of how passive City's fanbase has become in recent years.

I wouldn't be surprised if THAT "tackle" on Ng at ours was followed by 'serves him right' shouts from our own
    THAT 'tackle' on Ng followed an incident in the first half where Ng had gone to ground clutching his face after a challenge with Madine where the latter had not connected with the former's face at all. The boy who cries wolf so frequently is his own worst enemy at times.

THAT 'tackle' on Ng followed an incident in the first half where Ng had gone to ground clutching his face after a challenge with Madine where the latter had not connected with the former's face at all. The boy who cries wolf so frequently is his own worst enemy at times.
    Ngs action was after Madine went in on one of our players, with nothing being given. Swings and roundabouts

I saw it as an appreciation of an ex-manager who wears his heart on his sleeve, someone who loves the game and everything that goes with it.

You'll enjoy this interview, plenty of the usual catchphrases and superlatives...

https://youtu.be/dMwqqJOyRjg
    He's never seen support like Huddersfield had yesterday. Really?

Never had a harder job. Really?

It's the game I get that but come on.....

Well I don't know about you, but I never thought I'd see the day when hundreds if not thousands of Cardiff City fans were celebrating a City defeat with an opposition manager after a game. I don't care who he is, that was absolutely shocking and plenty of people seemed to feel the same as I was walking out of the ground. But maybe it's another indication of how passive City's fanbase has become in recent years.
    It's the 2nd part I was getting at. As a general point but specifically the 2 games he has had v us here.

If was a tense 3 2 win with a red card and a late controversial penalty against his team the warnock you're a wanker or sit down and behave yourself chants wouldn't be far away. He'd take it well and would be well meaning but unfortunately we don't even get excitement like that so he's had a free pass and it hasn't been tested.

Ps I remember earnie scoring for Norwich and some celebrating it at ninian Park if that's relevant.

It's the 2nd part I was getting at. As a general point but specifically the 2 games he has had v us here.

If was a tense 3 2 win with a red card and a late controversial penalty against his team the warnock you're a wanker or sit down and behave yourself chants wouldn't be far away. He'd take it well and would be well meaning but unfortunately we don't even get excitement like that so he's had a free pass and it hasn't been tested.
    We were safe. Maybe fans appreciate his results if not the long term side of things. Maybe those fans feel we'd have been safe earlier if we'd appointed Warnock till summer.

Who knows or indeed cares.

Following on from your last post, if there were "Warnock, you're a wanker", I doubt there would be any posts on here castigating our fans for focusing on the opposition manager rather than cheering the side on.

Ps I remember earnie scoring for Norwich and some celebrating it at ninian Park if that's relevant.
    I remember people applauding him scoring. I think I remember reading some did the same when Ramsey scored here for Arsenal. I wouldn't class either in the same category as that nauseating nonsense with Warnock after the final whistle yesterday. Polite applause in one thing. Hollering for fist pumps and all that bollocks is another thing altogether.