+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Without reading points deduction

Re: Without reading points deduction

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. I have been away with the fairies.

Ok. Fair enough. I have been away. Who cares. My main point stands. We have 49 points and are safe from relegation, that is where the table stands. It makes no difference whether we finish 20th, 19th or 7th. There are some people who suck all the enjoyment out of us actually avoiding going down and appear to wish that we had been relegated. A couple of months ago most of them were stating that we were dead and buried. Bet Huddersfield, Rotherham and QPR fans aren't moaning like some of ours
    Lucky bugger, being away, missed yesterday’s shambles then. It’s fair weather fans like you though who bring the club down, planning to be away for what was potentially the most important game of the season, shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’m going for a flier here. I think Reading will escape and Huddersfield will go down.
    No chance Des.

You lot shouldn’t worry about staying up. Why? If there had been no points deductions last season including our lost 6 we would have been relegated and Derby would have survived. In the end most of us have accepted this was inevitable after so many poor seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Reading would have been relegated last year on goal difference if it wasn’t for Derby’s deduction, as far as I know there are no threads on their board complaining

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    No chance Des.
    Apologies for our feeble surrender yesterday Pearcey. Dunno if you watched it, but we had a ten minute spell in the second half when we were trying to make sure there was no chance of Huddersfield going down on goal difference.

Er …. no we wouldn't be in League One. You appear to have (deliberately ?) awarded three points to Rotherham from their game later tonight with Middlesborough. Are you psychic ? I would bet on Middlesboro winning that one. Funny that no one else who continually criticises the team has noticed that either. Reading and Wigan were deducted points for cheating the system and deserved it. Without this cheating, how many points less do you think they would have got ? None probably going on your recent comments. League positions and relegation are decided after 46 games, not 44 or 45. We are currently 5th from bottom.
    A CCMB classic.

Right up there with is Halaand Man Citys Cornelius and can I go to Brecon for my lamb during a lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apologies for our feeble surrender yesterday Pearcey.
    We have effectively picked up zero points in the past 12 games Paul. Six draws and six defeats but then six points deducted. You can’t rely on other clubs. We are down and although we are all pissed off with how many results have gone against us there are no complaints. We all accept how poor we have been both on and off the pitch for a long time.

We have effectively picked up zero points in the past 12 games Paul. Six draws and six defeats but then six points deducted. You can’t rely on other clubs. We are down and although we are all pissed off with how many results have gone against us there are no complaints. We all accept how poor we have been both on and off the pitch for a long time.
    If Sheff Utd beat Huddersfield you have a lifeline.

You do wonder about our goal to bring it back to 1-2. They should have buried us 3 nil at least but goal difference is very much in play if Sheff U do what they should do.

I do think Huddersfield and Warnock will get the job done against you but you should have a lifeline.

We have effectively picked up zero points in the past 12 games Paul. Six draws and six defeats but then six points deducted.
    You’re due a win, then. Never understood this throwing the towel in attitude. Some of our lot on this board were doing that months ago.

The first big problem is obviously Huddersfield’s game against Sheffield on Thursday. If the visitors make an effort there’s every chance they’ll win, but relying on a favour from a side that is already promoted is far from ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You’re due a win, then. Never understood this throwing the towel in attitude. Some of our lot on this board were doing that months ago.

The first big problem is obviously Huddersfield’s game against Sheffield on Thursday. If the visitors make an effort there’s every chance they’ll win, but relying on a favour from a side that is already promoted is far from ideal.
    Sheff Utd have nothing to play for. We were 13 points ahead of Huddersfield two months ago. Their results over the past 4 or 5 weeks have been astonishing. Even in the unlikely event of Sheff Utd winning we then have to win away from home which is something we haven’t managed for six months.

Sheff Utd have nothing to play for. We were 13 points ahead of Huddersfield two months ago. Their results over the past 4 or 5 weeks have been astonishing. Even in the unlikely event of Sheff Utd winning we then have to win away from home which is something we haven’t managed for six months.
    Sheffield United had nothing to play for on Saturday but beat Preston 4-1. Not sure what the relationship is like between Sheffield and Huddersfield, but they’ll be sure to take loads of fans there and Sharp is still looking for his 250th EFL goal.

Surely Utd will be too strong

Personally, I want Reading to stay up, will be great to send Warnock down

then winner takes all that truly is a cup final and anything can happen

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Surely Utd will be too strong

Personally, I want Reading to stay up, will be great to send Warnock down

then winner takes all that truly is a cup final and anything can happen

Good luck
    Thanks Matt. In the past few weeks Huddersfield have beaten Millwall, Middlesbrough and Watford. QPR have won at Burnley. Rotherham have just beaten Middlesbrough. Every result has gone the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    …Sharp is still looking for his 250th EFL goal.
    Just checked his stats and Billy Sharp has only scored two Championship goals this season. One of them came in a 1-0 victory over Huddersfield in December.

Thanks Matt. In the past few weeks Huddersfield have beaten Millwall, Middlesbrough and Watford. QPR have won at Burnley. Rotherham have just beaten Middlesbrough. Every result has gone the wrong way.
    they really have, the QPR V Burnley game was out of the blue, then again your Draw V Burnley was also, Burnley were on course to beat your record points total

But last day of the season, winner takes all ( though a draw will be enough for Hudds ) , its anyones

Cardiff winning away at Blackpool, Watford and Rotherham in April was quite unexpected as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff winning away at Blackpool, Watford and Rotherham in April was quite unexpected as well.
    Especially as we scored eight goals (seven in the first half!) in winning them. Unfortunately, I’m with Pearcey on this, I reckon Huddersfield will get the point they need on Thursday.

International

True against some really good teams, Warnock has done a hell of a job there!

International

If Sheffield beat them, you will have the advantage of a week's rest they will be playing their third game in just over one week, it definitely makes a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    If Sheffield beat them, you will have the advantage of a week's rest they will be playing their third game in just over one week, it definitely makes a difference!
    Oh I agree but I don’t think it will come down to that game. Huddersfield will be safe by Thursday night.

We need to avoid defeat at Burnley to get into a position where we did not have to rely on Reading's deducted six points keeping us up -if Huddersfield manage to overtake us in their last two games, people will look at the table for this season in ten years time and think Cardiff were lucky sods to stay up. The ifs, buts and maybes trying to defend us seen in this thread will count for nothing then, you'll just be down to the basics. I want us to pull off a surprise at Burnley so Reading's six point deduction will count for nothing as far as we are concerned, but, with Burnley aiming to get to 100 points, it has to be a real long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We need to avoid defeat at Burnley to get into a position where we did not have to rely on Reading's deducted six points keeping us up -if Huddersfield manage to overtake us in their last two games, people will look at the table for this season in ten years time and think Cardiff were lucky sods to stay up. The ifs, buts and maybes trying to defend us seen in this thread will count for nothing then, you'll just be down to the basics. I want us to pull off a surprise at Burnley so Reading's six point deduction will count for nothing as far as we are concerned, but, with Burnley aiming to get to 100 points, it has to be a real long shot.
    I suspect the table in 10 years time will not indicate that reading had points deducted so people would need to dig into it to see how lucky we were but also hope they discover we have had 5 ( I think) apologies for the refs we have had and some of the critical decisions they got wrong and the fact that we were under a transfer embargo as well

The point is all clubs have ifs and buts for where they finish - some in their control and some not but at the end of the day Reading didn't play fair and were penalised accordingly so that for me makes it right as to where we finish

Like you I hope we win at Burnley not so much about where we finish as that now is irrelevant for me now we are safe but because it will be a good note to finish the season on and also because I will be there to witness it ( and I was there when we played them in the prem and got done by some dodgy reffing then as well 😂😂)

International

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    QPR 50
    Reading 50
    Rotherham 49
    Cardiff 49
    Huddersfield 47 with a game in hand.
    Blackpool 41
    Wigan 41 (who also lost 3)

So if Huddersfield were to beat either reading or shef u at home and we lost at Burnley- we'd be in league 1 next season.

That's where we are. What an escape the club have had. Thoroughly undeserved on their part but let's see how they respond to this warning......

Ps yes I know the butterfly effect and sliding doors etc but argument still holds for me.
    Yes but if Sala hadn't taken that flight we may have still been in the Premier League!

Without us missing shots, having such a low shot "completion" percentage, we'd be champions. Possibly.