+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St Pauli

Re: St Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I love St Pauli; I bought a tee shirt today.
    Was it this one?
    €40 for a t-shirt!
    https://www.fcsp-shop.com/en_DE/man/...black-sp012330

What an ethical club! 😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Was it this one?
    €40 for a t-shirt!
    https://www.fcsp-shop.com/en_DE/man/...black-sp012330

What an ethical club! 😍😍
    ...and here is James to pour his nasty little political scorn on a thread that wasn't looking for it. Cheers James!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    ...and here is James to pour his nasty little political scorn on a thread that wasn't looking for it. Cheers James!
    Nasty?! 🤣🤣 Have you been on this forum before?! 🤣

What's 'nasty' about pointing it out?

Football fans are exploited, same at St Pauli. You can't justify €40 for a t-shirt can you?

Nasty?! ���� Have you been on this forum before?! ��

What's 'nasty' about pointing it out?

Football fans are exploited, same at St Pauli. You can't justify €40 for a t-shirt can you?
    Don't know about nasty, but small minded and pointless sounds about right. I'd assumed you were pissed when you posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't know about nasty, but small minded and pointless sounds about right. I'd assumed you were pissed when you posted it.
    I was celebrating my birthday yesterday, and it was me that was pissed. Nasty was the wrong word - but I agree with the rest of your post.

As Harry says, it looks unlikely but it is just about possible. Some strange results in that league!

No, completely sober. Whats wrong with pointing it out? Football fans are ripped off across the board. This is exactly the kind of area a club could genuinely do something. Their home shirts only run for one season too I note.

Brentford offer the way forward in this respect:

https://theathletic.com/3439901/2022...s-follow-suit/

Why can't we criticise this? People put the club on a pedestal but isn't this fair to point out? And I say that as someone who owns a St Pauli scarf but increasingly they seem to have a far less rebellious streak

No, completely sober. Whats wrong with pointing it out? Football fans are ripped off across the board. This is exactly the kind of area a club could genuinely do something. Their home shirts only run for one season too I note.

Why can't we criticise this? People put the club on a pedestal but isn't this fair to point out? And I say that as someone who owns a St Pauli scarf but increasingly they seem to have a far less rebellious streak
    Start a separate thread on it then. This thread was started six weeks ago and has been about the game of football until you tried to make it political.

Nothing, I suppose. It's just that posters like you and Sludge are forever hijacking threads to make some sort of political point. Sometimes people just want to discuss and enjoy things at face value.

Start a separate thread on it then. This thread was started six weeks ago and has been about the game of football until you tried to make it political.
    This is a fair point Bob. Although the politics has already been mentioned by others

Nothing, I suppose. It's just that posters like you and Sludge are forever hijacking threads to make some sort of political point. Sometimes people just want to discuss and enjoy things at face value.
    On this occasion, I agree and it's a fair point, my apologies. It annoys me when posts get overly political all the time and I haven't helped here.

Moving on, I think promotion is beyond their reach. HSV are four points clear and Darmstadt and Heidenheim can't be caught.

Shout out to Heidenheim btw, who gave never been in the bundesliga and were in the 5th tier until relatively recently.

On this occasion, I agree and it's a fair point, my apologies. It annoys me when posts get overly political all the time and I haven't helped here.

Moving on, I think promotion is beyond their reach. HSV are four points clear and Darmstadt and Heidenheim can't be caught.

Shout out to Heidenheim btw, who gave never been in the bundesliga and were in the 5th tier until relatively recently.
    Weren't Heidenheim Glatzel's old club? ooops, don't want to re-open that one!

Weren't Heidenheim Glatzel's old club? ooops, don't want to re-open that one!
    It is!

What German football needs more than anything is for someone, anyone, other than Bayern to win the league

It is!

What German football needs more than anything is for someone, anyone, other than Bayern to win the league
    Agree completely. I'd even prefer if it was someone other than Bayern or Dortmund. Leipzig (much as I dislike them), Union and Freiburg have at least kept things a bit competitive this year, but Bayern winning every time makes it very dull. (Part of the reason that I was hoping Arsenal could stir things up here this year!).

Agree completely. I'd even prefer if it was someone other than Bayern or Dortmund. Leipzig (much as I dislike them), Union and Freiburg have at least kept things a bit competitive this year, but Bayern winning every time makes it very dull. (Part of the reason that I was hoping Arsenal could stir things up here this year!).
    Yeah absolutely. RB Leipzig are my least favourite team of the lot. I've objected to Red Bill since Dietrich Matecschitz took over Salzburg and totally rebranded them. That said, I would rather they win than Bayern, at least for once.

Freiburg and Union having amazing seasons. But what amazes me is how very big clubs from very big cities (HSV, Stuttgart, Schalke, Hertha, Eintract, FC koln, Fortuna Dusseldorf etc) continue to underperform.

German football gets so much right but it does seem to have lost its way a little in the last decade, and a large part of that is Bayerns dominance..and fair play to them, they deserve it, but it weakens the entire league structure