+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. Match thread

Phew.

City lads looked done at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Alnwick looks very decent, Siopsis started off a bit shakey but grew into the game and looked good. Tanner surely has to be given a chance to start now, he looks incredible.
    Trouble he has the manager doesn't set up to play direct running wingers, it appears he takes a wing back option then puts the pace as he did today on both sides of the park with Tanner and Grant who is equally quick just as the opposition tires.

Need to sort the central defence out Kipree badly missed.

Don't know what that tells us about the side. We had purple patch for about 20 minutes in the second half when we looked good, but were then battered by Wednesday.

A lucky result against a desparately poor side. So many loose passes, conceding possesion far too easily. Very shaky defending too against Wednesday's direct football- we need to strengthen the defence. Positives for me were Alnwick and Tanner.

They were looking good for a 15 min period and I feared the worst…..decent support today, the canton sounded quite loud at one point from the family stand which is unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Don't know what that tells us about the side. We had purple patch for about 20 minutes in the second half when we looked good, but were then battered by Wednesday.

A lucky result against a desparately poor side. So many loose passes, conceding possesion far too easily. Very shaky defending too against Wednesday's direct football- we need to strengthen the defence. Positives for me were Alnwick and Tanner.
    this was about just getting a win on the board

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Adding we will be fine at the end after including a defeat at home to QPR and Will Vaulks helping us to the 3 points today I dont think adds up.

We are clearly in the mix with those at the bottom. Massive 3 points today and may be the difference at the end of the season between Championship and L1 football.
    I don't think we are worse than those teams. We should have won at Leeds and should definitely have got something at Leicester. We Will pick up some good wins this season others aren't expecting us to.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I don't think we are worse than those teams. We should have won at Leeds and should definitely have got something at Leicester. We Will pick up some good wins this season others aren't expecting us to.
    I do agree,we will shock a few teams.

Well I’ve finally seen City win a game in person, first since 2008 I reckon, maybe even before that.

Siopsis is quite a player, you can see he’s the only one who is on the same wavelength as Ramsey. Massive deal for us, although think he’s got at least 2 or 3 red cards in him this season. Started nervously like the rest of the team but once he settled in he looked absolute class.

Thought Meite was also excellent against a couple of massive center backs, held up physically and gave us an outlet, another shocking miss though (and on that topic how on earth did O’Dowda not score).

Concerns around Collins, a complete liability for most of the first half and just doesn’t look up to speed physically or mentally. And I thought Ugbo was very poor… until he popped up again with a very well taken goal.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Well I’ve finally seen City win a game in person, first since 2008 I reckon, maybe even before that.

Siopsis is quite a player, you can see he’s the only one who is on the same wavelength as Ramsey. Massive deal for us, although think he’s got at least 2 or 3 red cards in him this season. Started nervously like the rest of the team but once he settled in he looked absolute class.

Thought Meite was also excellent against a couple of massive center backs, held up physically and gave us an outlet, another shocking miss though (and on that topic how on earth did O’Dowda not score).

Concerns around Collins, a complete liability for most of the first half and just doesn’t look up to speed physically or mentally. And I thought Ugbo was very poor… until he popped up again with a very well taken goal.
    Thought Collins put in a decent shift all in all, gave Paterson short shrift on more than one occasion, but looking for better from him like the whole of the team...if I did have to mark out someone for worrying about it's Goutas he's a sizeable downgrade from Kipre and at times is frighteningly mistake prone - but like many again, not all bad. In general there's quality around the park but playing at half their known talent - save for Tanner who is the outlier on that score. If O'Dowda played to his potential as well as Tanner we'd be looking more hopeful.

It’s Siopis!!! S I O P I S!!!! It’s bad enough the clown near me was calling him Siosopis for the whole game and then I see the mangling of his name on here too.
    Anyhoo, great 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    It’s Siopis!!! S I O P I S!!!! It’s bad enough the clown near me was calling him Siosopis for the whole game and then I see the mangling of his name on here too.
    Anyhoo, great 3 points
    Maybe the guy that sits by you posts on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Maybe the guy that sits by you posts on here?
    Hopefully not, hearing from him every couple of weeks is more than enough!

Anyhoo, great 3 points
    nice synopsis

Anyhoo, great 3 points
    Just call him, 'Chopper!' He's the nearest thing we've had to Ian Gibson in 50 years.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nice synopsis
    It's SIOPIS lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We're above Swansea. When was the last time that happened?
    We were above them for the first 7 games of last season.

Bit of a German influence today with Erol wearing jeans. Often see German coaches looking like they're just nipping out to Homebase.

I couldn't get to the game but is Siopis a potential game changer as is being reported? (Im guessing English it's pronounced Shop is?'

Played some good stuff early doors and probably should have been ahead before the break.

Meite's header looked an open goal and a bad miss until I saw a replay of it later where he actually did really well to get in front of his man and just couldn't arch his neck enough.

After we scored we should really have put the game to bed but O'Dowda's missed chance seemed to spur Wednesday on and Alnwick kept us in the game.

When the nine minutes went up i didn't whether I was glad or not, score the winner or concede it.

I couldn't believe the referee gave the pelanty as he had a poor game I thought and the tension was palpable.

Pleased for Wintle as he hasn't been at his best but he is better than Ralls.
    Hopefully he can kick on now.

We still look a bit ropey defensively and O'Dowda had a poor game by his standards but he will come good.
    Like the look of Siopis, encouraging debut.

Wednesday were unlucky to leave empty handed but lady luck was on our side for a change.

Very important to get the win for team morale and ahead of a tough couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I couldn't get to the game but is Siopis a potential game changer as is being reported? (Im guessing English it's pronounced Shop is?'
    Not on today’s evidence for me. Thought he was a bit too eager to please and this led to some errors which might have proved costly on another day, but there was a lot that was encouraging and he has only had a week to get used to the place after all. I’m not sure he’ll ever be a “game changer” in the way I was understanding the term (someone who wins matches with moments of brilliance), but, once he gets his bearings, I’m pretty sure he’ll improve the team.

Don't think we have had a manager dress so inappropriate, not a good look for a football manager

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Don't think we have had a manager dress so inappropriate, not a good look for a football manager
    What look do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What look do you want?
    either a suit or sporting attire

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Check out Gareth Ainsworth

It's 3 points we want not some ponce prancing about in cowboy boots 👢

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Thought Collins put in a decent shift all in all, gave Paterson short shrift on more than one occasion, but looking for better from him like the whole of the team...if I did have to mark out someone for worrying about it's Goutas he's a sizeable downgrade from Kipre and at times is frighteningly mistake prone - but like many again, not all bad. In general there's quality around the park but playing at half their known talent - save for Tanner who is the outlier on that score. If O'Dowda played to his potential as well as Tanner we'd be looking more hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That's Welsh...eg Sion