+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

Re: About time we had a rugby World Cup thread?

Interestingly, if Wales lose to Australia and do not get a bonus point, we could feasibly fail to qualify even though we may have won our other three matches with a bonus point in each of these games. Strange but true.

Georgia v Portugal was a very entertaining match
    really looking forward to Ireland v SA

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    What are the chances of an England v Fiji quarter final? Now that would be interesting
    If Wales beat Australia a Fiji v England quarter final is the most likely outcome isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If Wales beat Australia a Fiji v England quarter final is the most likely outcome isn't it?
    Winner of our group plays winner of Englands group which looks very likely to be England now.

Yeah I think if Wales beat Aus then a Fiji v England game is most likely, but a few permeatations yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Winner of our group plays winner of Englands group which looks very likely to be England now.

Yeah I think if Wales beat Aus then a Fiji v England game is most likely, but a few permeatations yet.
    Winner of our group plays the runner up of Englands.

Christ ITV is shocking

Anyone just watch that studio explanation of the blitz defence ?

What a load of cobblers

Hoping that SA give Johnny Sexton & Co. one hell of a thrashing but reality, I'm thinking that Ireland may well snatch the win,

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Interestingly, if Wales lose to Australia and do not get a bonus point, we could feasibly fail to qualify even though we may have won our other three matches with a bonus point in each of these games. Strange but true.
    What a blatantly stupid system that is then

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Hoping that SA give Johnny Sexton & Co. one hell of a thrashing but reality, I'm thinking that Ireland may well snatch the win,
    Opposite here. The arrogance of SA fans on various media has been shocking. It’s about time they got taken down a peg or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Opposite here. The arrogance of SA fans on various media has been shocking. It’s about time they got taken down a peg or two.
    Game is brutal thus far.

England win 71 nil.
    I'd like to know who the feck enjoys watching that.

The cost of tickets i understand is scandalous also.

Load of old b****cks!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Know what you mean re Sexton but the South African arrogance is worse than the Aussies.

IMHO we should be going for a northern hemisphere really (not England obvs)

Tremendous game this, between the current top 2 teams in world Rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Tremendous game this, between the current top 2 teams in world Rugby.
    Kinda game that doesn't really happen in football. Low scoring, hammer and tongs, but also a bit chess like.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    England win 71 nil.
    I'd like to know who the feck enjoys watching that.

The cost of tickets i understand is scandalous also.

Load of old b****cks!
    Ticket prices are pretty fair tbh I think, but yeah, waste of time. But a fun weekend in Lille etc no doubt.

You never know though. England v Chile is no different on paper to Wales v Portugal really but they were quite different games.

Interesting game. Thought South Africa were the far superior side. But some awful kicking and poor decision making by them has cost them. Haven't see the Irish pack beaten up like that for a long time, but they dug in and got the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think Australia would need a bonus point against us for that to be possible. We'd finish on 15, with Aus and Fiji on 16 points.

Great game tonight though

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Interesting game. Thought South Africa were the far superior side. But some awful kicking and poor decision making by them has cost them. Haven't see the Irish pack beaten up like that for a long time, but they dug in and got the win.
    Were you watching the same game as me?
    At no time in that game were Sth Africa “the far superior team”. It was what it was. No 1 in the world, against no 2 in the world, and the no 1 team came out on top in a brutal but brilliant game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think Australia would need a bonus point against us for that to be possible. We'd finish on 15, with Aus and Fiji on 16 points.

Great game tonight though
    That's why it's so important we get a bonus point against the Aussies even if we lose the game. A bonus point win against Georgia would then almost certainly guarantee us qualification

At no time in that game were Sth Africa “the far superior team”. It was what it was. No 1 in the world, against no 2 in the world, and the no 1 team came out on top in a brutal but brilliant game.

Should probably point out that I didn't catch much of the first half, so basing mostly on the second.
    They dominated at scrum and seemed to make metres at will in the 2nd half. Ireland did well in the important areas inside both 22s to be fair. But I was surprised quite how much South Africa punched holes through them and made easy metres. Libbok missed a couple of sitters, and faf brainlessly took on 2 pens that should have gone to the corner. Thought South Africa were unlucky right at the end aswell. Ball seemed to be out, but the ref blew up

I’m with these comments, two evenly matched sides and as always the Boks made the opposition play their way but I still thought Ireland were on top all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Should probably point out that I didn't catch much of the first half, so basing mostly on the second.
    They dominated at scrum and seemed to make metres at will in the 2nd half. Ireland did well in the important areas inside both 22s to be fair. But I was surprised quite how much South Africa punched holes through them and made easy metres. Libbok missed a couple of sitters, and faf brainlessly took on 2 pens that should have gone to the corner. Thought South Africa were unlucky right at the end aswell. Ball seemed to be out, but the ref blew up
    South Africa threw that away with poor goal kicking and the ridiculous decision to give away the 5 meter scrum after the drop goal attempt.

Shout out to the atmosphere there tonight. Frequently poor at rugby but it sounded incredible. There must have been 50,000 Irish there. The gap between Irish and Welsh rugby in the last 10 years or so has become enormous

Think last night’s game between the so called two best teams in the world told me I’m lost to modern day rugby - I kept on being told I was watching an epic and I was bored stiff. The game’s clearly moved on and left me behind.

I know what you mean. I don't think it was a beautiful game of Rugby and it certainly wasn't high-scoring. I did enjoy it though, was a real battle. Like I said before, was the kind of clash that doesn't really happen in football for me.