+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark McGuinness

Re: Mark McGuinness

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to the Wales Online ratings, Collins spent most of the first half being turned inside out by Ba, I could have sworn I watched all of the first half but I must have nodded off for most of it because that’s not what I saw - for most of the second half, I couldn’t get the old you’ll never beat Des Walker chant out of my mind, not sure why.
    Collins was done once from what I can recall. Unless the dementia is really kicking in now! I like him, stays on his feet. Has a fair bit of pace.

According to the Wales Online ratings, Collins spent most of the first half being turned inside out by Ba, I could have sworn I watched all of the first half but I must have nodded off for most of it because that’s not what I saw - for most of the second half, I couldn’t get the old you’ll never beat Des Walker chant out of my mind, not sure why.
    Just what I thought.....Collins was immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, his positional sense has improved, and he has a player in front of him who can mop up. He has been brilliant though, as has Goutas the last few games.
    I listened to the game on Radio Wales this afternoon and Iwan Roberts was the co-commentator. At one point during the first half, Roberts was saying how good a defender he is, never puts a foot wrong etc. A few minutes later Sunderland had a good chance and Roberts is now worried as McGuinness has been caught out of position 4 or 5 by diagonal balls aimed behind him. The joys of punditry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I listened to the game on Radio Wales this afternoon and Iwan Roberts was the co-commentator. At one point during the first half, Roberts was saying how good a defender he is, never puts a foot wrong etc. A few minutes later Sunderland had a good chance and Roberts is now worried as McGuinness has been caught out of position 4 or 5 by diagonal balls aimed behind him. The joys of punditry!!
    Sounds like me and Iwan have got something in common

Collins was done once from what I can recall. Unless the dementia is really kicking in now! I like him, stays on his feet. Has a fair bit of pace.
    There was that moment in the first half where for whatever reason he stopped and let Ba in behind him, but other than that he was great and was up against some good players

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There was that moment in the first half where for whatever reason he stopped and let Ba in behind him, but other than that he was great and was up against some good players
    Collins looked a bit sheepish after that mistake.

I think your mistake was thinking anyone at WOL would know anything about football.
    Collins was class again
    Alnwick was a 9 out of 10, he was MOTM by a mile

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think that he was hoping that the two central defenders had stepped up and that Ba would end up offside. He wasn't and they didn't If in doubt, track the run.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I think your mistake was thinking anyone at WOL would know anything about football.
    Collins was class again
    Alnwick was great. I reckon that he would have been disappointed if he hadn't made the saves, but he still had to make them. The thing that impressed me most is the strong arm he gets on the ball. It's enough to make the save, but it wont really count for much if a keeper palms the ball in the direction of an opposing player. He didn't do that once. Strange one really looking at his career journey. St Mirren for a season, not many keepers would fancy that, but it says to me that he's got a good attitude and that he just wants to play. He hasn't put a hand wrong in my opinion, maybe 1 of the Coventry goals, but that'd be a bit harsh.

The WOL ratings also comment that Adams came on to run down the clock. You dont bring a player on in the 78th minute to run the feckin clock down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The WOL ratings also comment that Adams came on to run down the clock. You dont bring a player on in the 78th minute to run the feckin clock down.
    It's just Lazy.

Alnwick was great. I reckon that he would have been disappointed if he hadn't made the saves, but he still had to make them. The thing that impressed me most is the strong arm he gets on the ball. It's enough to make the save, but it wont really count for much if a keeper palms the ball in the direction of an opposing player. He didn't do that once. Strange one really looking at his career journey. St Mirren for a season, not many keepers would fancy that, but it says to me that he's got a good attitude and that he just wants to play. He hasn't put a hand wrong in my opinion, maybe 1 of the Coventry goals, but that'd be a bit harsh.
    It's saves like this that are the difference between him and Allsop. The latter would have let them in and, while you wouldn't have outright blamed him for a mistake, you'd feel he could have done better.

International

Don't mention sheep, mort will be all over you!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Collins was class again

Being pedantic and woke, it’s POTM these days

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Don't mention sheep, mort will be all over you!

He's a great player, but wouldn't call him the GOAT.