Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'm not sure that clip confirms that SAGE, as a body, were ever in favour of herd immunity, it would be news to me if they were. My recollection is that, as shown by the video you linked, Valance, and maybe Whitty, spoke in favour of herd immunity for a short period of possibly as little as two or three days before a decision was made that the number of deaths, as predicted by modelling, was too high and another approach was required. The situation was so fast moving that I'm not sure SAGE would have been able to convene a meeting where all members could agree with what Valance and others were saying for that very short period before the herd mentality approach was abandoned.
It wasn’t fast moving , from about two weeks in it was obvious a “case demic” and it was also obvious that the PCR test was set too high which resulted in common symptoms being incorrectly identified as Covid.

Furthermore the PM knew in 2020 (prior to any vaccination rollout) that the average age of a Covid death was higher than the average death rate.

That is probably why Ferguson and Cummings broke the rules very early in to the pandemic and why many people didn’t fall for the “scare the pants off them” narrative.