Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Last night (Especially during the 1st half) Colwill made some fantastic runs across the line, just advanced of Wintle and siopis, really intelligent and hard working runs, he also peeled off his man on a few occasions putting himself in space. He didn't receive the ball once. Siopis and wintle were either too slow of thought to play him in or just didn't fancy taking on the pass, probably a bit of both. Instead, they 'Started again' allowing Brum to get back in wnen Colwills run had them stretched. It really pissed me off, and if i was Colwill then i wouldn't have been happy because he's done everything possible, and he's worked that opening.

The problem we have is that with siopis and Wintle, and to a lesser degree, Ralls, we don't have speed of thought, that's why they're championship players. The pair of them slow everything down, neither of them make things tick, neither of them can dictate the pace of the game, they almost always look for the easy option, it ****s things up when we have momentum.

I'm not going to in on Siopis too hard, he's a 'Buzzer' of a player, a pain in the arse when the opposition have the ball, he isn't at his best when we are in possession, we all know that, and we need a player like him. Wintle on the other hand is a problem. It's his job to dictate from that withdrawn position and he just doesn't do it. The amount of times that we were in a position to make that telling pass was often last night, especially during the first half, they're the money passes, they're the balls that will win us tight games.
Players have also got to come and get the ball , the front line don't do any of that