Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
I take your point and I do agree different times etc....but this has veered off what counts as poverty. I am just saying that there is very little REAL poverty in the uk compared to many peoples in third world countries who don't have even clean water, and literally live in shanties without it being their fault.
Yeah it's true, my only worry is that people will use the truth for different purposes. There are plenty of people who want to downplay inequality and relative poverty in the UK for their own gain - I am talking here specifically about a vast majority of the extremely rich who take the working population for fools day in day out. Its important that the fact that poverty is even more pronounced and deep in other countries isn't used to downplay inequality in this country.

For example, say that due to sewage our water supply became a bit dodgy (not out of the realms of possibility although I acknowledge that our tap water is pretty good in this country), we really need to make sure we don't end up in a situation where 'drink up! some people don't even water!' is an acceptable response.