Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
Even "crap sides" win games.
You have to play to your strengths with the players you've got to win a particular game.
You have to build a style of play also, something which I think Bulut has tried to do but our limitations have been laid to bare.
Why is it that a succession of managers have given up on trying to play more of a passing game? Because our sides have been put together in a manner which doesn’t put as high an emphasis on skill and technique as most other clubs and we end up with teams that can only play a passing game hesitantly and poorly.

Someone has mentioned Colwill, I try to avoid mentioning him these days because there’s not much more to be said on him, but his treatment by Bulut is revealing and relevant to the subject of this thread. Colwill is not some potential world beater and there are pretty clear faults to his game, but, from 21/22 onwards he became one of the biggest potential game changers we have. If he wasn’t at a club that has as few game changers as we do, Colwill would not get all of the attention that he does and I reckon that we’re now in a position where, in Ramsey’s absence, he’s the best game changer we’ve got.

Was anyone surprised that Colwill was missing from the starting line up on Tuesday though and that he was moved from pillar to post because of the inadequacies of others when he finally was brought on? Under this manager, the likes of Colwill, Tanner and Etete are dismissed as young players and unreliable while he fills his side full of older players who he trusts who have not got the natural ability of the three players named - maybe “unwatchable” is a bit harsh, but I think Cardiff has nearly always been a club that has favoured pragmatic, hard working, power based football over the more technical stuff.