Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
How many twenty two year olds or lower are first choice centre forwards at Championship clubs? I don’t know the answer, but I bet it’s not many. Off the top of my head, there’s Cadamartari at Sheffield Wednesday who looked a very good prospect against us, but, going down the table at the moment, I can’t see any other club with a youngster as their established number one striker. Twenty two is young for a striker in this league especially at a club that, historically, is reluctant to give youth a chance.

Loads of us bang about our lack of creativity as well - we’ve only had one striker who has scored at a good rate in the last ten years or so.
I don't know what his age has to do with it. He's been given an opportunity, he needs to take it, because unlike plenty on here, Buiut or whoever else is in charge wont see it from the point of view that he's 22 and still learning, he'll be out. I actually think he has some ability, his feet are pretty good, he can turn a player and carry the ball 10 15 yards, and he is much better facing the opposition goal. He can't play with his back to goal, he can't hold the ball up, he doesn't shield it or lean into the defender, that's a problem in this team. I hope he does well like i hope all of them do well, but i just don't see any improvement, which is what we should look for as a minimum. We had the same problem with Mark Harris, about 100 games in and people were debating the merits of his potential at this level.