Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
That's a good site, thanks. Like I said though, the issue is trying to get the little bits of info behind the minutes played (or not played) that tell us more and give us a better impression of how a player is doing and whether they might make it as a first-teamer here. Ratings are a big help but, as we know from walesonline, not always reliable.

The whole thing is a bit of a lottery anyway. I did Loan Watch on here for around 3 seasons but I can't think of any player I covered who came back to be a regular for us (Ralls' loan spell was before, Wintle and McGuinness after). Ajayi and Ben Wilson did well for themselves but not here. Mark Harris probably came closest to being a regular and yet his three loan spells were all underwhelming whereas someone like Oshilaja did really well out on loan but never got a sniff here. So hard to judge who's going to make it.

A little example of that is this interview with Malachi Fagan-Walcott. He's come from Spurs, Mourinho seemed to rate him but he got a couple of injuries and was released. He's played two lots of 90 minutes on loan, which is encouraging, and you're thinking this guy could make it. But the first thing he says here, on his arrival at Dunfermline, is that he wants to put his name out there. That suggests to me that we're planning on releasing him or am I missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCWkA4TB7U
WOL have said MFW is almost certain to leave at the end of the season