Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
Not sure why anyone was excited at his appointment. Personally I’d never heard of him and it seems the criteria for many signings is a mention of Turkey in their cv. He doesn’t seem up to the job and for someone who remembers the Durban era I can’t recall being so depressed and angry at the pitiful performances we are putting in. I can take defeat, we are used to it through the years, but the way we are losing is unbearable.
I think there was a campaign from the club and some of the local media to make it sound like Bulut was a step up from what we were used to. I suppose an ex manager of Fenerbache is quite impressive, but saying that, we had a future Manchester United manager once sounds more impressive until you dig a bit deeper.

I remember reading something from a Turkish journalist around the time we hired Bulut and he talked about his counter attacking style. It’s only when you remind yourself that he’s had a stint at one of the biggest and richest team in Turkey and still played a defensive game that you see why realise that the current snore fest shouldn’t come as that much iiif a shock .

The alarm bells were also ringing with his public criticism of Robinson and Rubin Colwill. It’s not the criticism itself that was bad, but the fact he went public with it. Besides that, he’s turned Tanner into more of a full back than a winger.

Based on what we’ve seen from Bulut over the whole of his seven months so far, I think what we saw in those early season away matches with Ramsey in the side and a few bonkers cup games, what we’ve been seeing since the end of September in terms of the level of ambition we show both away and at home.