+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What do you understand a FUNDAMENTALIST to be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What do you understand a FUNDAMENTALIST to be?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have, thank you.

I think we live in a physical world that operates to certain scientific laws that we are slowly starting to understand.

I do not believe there are any gods or fairies in the mix.

We are born. We live and achieve consciousness. We die. The end.

But my comment - the one that drew your deflecting response - was pointing out that if anyone on this board deserves the label of deluded, it is you. But self-awareness must be difficult with a closed mind and fetishising a book of bronze age folk tales.
    I've heard all those cut & paste insults for decades, so don't waste your limited time.
    Science is extremely slow, but it's catching up slowly. Unfortunately science only has a maximum ceiling of how, not why.
    As a result, you don't know why you exist or where you ulimately come from, and that's just for starters.
    Your world-view, as I suspected, is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    I've heard all those cut & paste insults for decades, so don't waste your limited time.
    Science is extremely slow, but it's catching up slowly. Unfortunately science only has a maximum ceiling of how, not why.
    As a result, you don't know why you exist or where you ulimately come from, and that's just for starters.
    Your world-view, as I suspected, is redundant.
    Ouch!

My world view is redundant is it?

However, I may just be able to live with the crushing disappointment of your judgement.

In fact, being dismissed by a swivel-eyed apologist for ethnic cleansing is quite uplifting.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ouch!

My world view is redundant is it?

However, I may just be able to live with the crushing disappointment of your judgement.

In fact, being dismissed by a swivel-eyed apologist for ethnic cleansing is quite uplifting.

Thanks!
    Nothing left but insults, that's as surprising as United collapsing this afternoon.