Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
Disappointingly it seems to be the way for some.
Put down your own .
Looks something special to me , the fact he has come through the ranks is a Brucey bonus .
But fill your boots .
I think you're missing the point a bit. It came up last season in one of the thousand other Colwill threads that part of the issue is the youngsters get massively overhyped on here (I've been guilty of this in the past) and these type of threads are a reaction to it.

The fans always seem to be behind the youngsters at games and want them to do well, it's just a message board issue to me. There'll be a reaction when Cian Ashford finally gets a league run out too. The way he's getting talked about on here people are going to be expecting Messi.

One other quick thing about Colwill, and any other maverick player whether young or not. TOBW mentioned Tomlin earlier and he is an incredibly hard act to follow here. In that 2019-20 season he had 9 goals and 10 assists in 35 Championship games and he wasn't playing the 90 minutes for most of them. So many times I've said to my eldest about Colwill 'he's not Tomlin' but it's not fair for a number of reasons. Tomlin spoilt us all that season.