Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Well i don't know about you but I am white so I have no direct experience of racism

I don't think it's possible to say there is far less racism about these days without backing that up with figures

And of course a lot of racist abuse isn't reported

This situation seems to be an understandable reaction from the manager of a black footballer to what appeared like racist abuse

But it appears that wasn't the case

I would hope this is sorted out but that doesn't mean that the world has gone politically correct and racism shouldn't be dealt with
Personally I don't disagree with anything here. My issue is that the BBC jump ahead of itself talk about it as a major story when there is no actual evidence that anything has been said or done. It doesn't help anyone or anything. This hyper fixation on the topic is unhealthy. If racism is bad (and it is) then why are we making a big deal out of something that it seems likely hasn't even happened. If it impacts upon people, then maybe collectively we should stop and wait a bit before making out it's rife everywhere.

This utterly preposterous story about Connor Gallagher today too - allegedly being racist. Most ridiculous story ever but pumped online by people who, it seems increasingly clear to me, have an agenda.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68724701
The result is that he gets a load of abuse.

Mental.