Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
Isn't that why we have a league table?

"Team at top beats team at bottom, team at bottom lose to teams above, mid table teams generally beat those below but lose to those above, shocker!".
Ive no idea what it is or why you keep posting these.
My own curiosity and there are one or two who enjoy reading them.

You're not quite right with your "team at top" etc bit in any case. It's a massive generalisation. Like I've said previously, I remember a season under Jones where our record against the worst teams in the division was pretty awful but we did well against the top teams.

You might be happy with the league table. I'm more interested in a little more depth than that. What has been good and not so good throughout the season. I think my summary is pretty accurate - we've been excellent against the worst teams, generally less than average against the rest bar some very good away wins at some clubs who were doing well in the table at the time. That, to me, is more interesting that just saying we're 11th. There's a reason we're 11th and it isn't just we've got a better record than the teams below us.

If it doesn't interest you, fine, but you won't stop me continuing with my love of stats, so get over it!