In terms of league games, our win percentage this season is 42.2%. That's a good figure and our fifth best at this level since 2003. In terms of other stats, I don't find many that are positive and make me think that we can push on from this season next year.

21 defeats is the 6th highest at this level in our history. 14 of those defeats have been by 2 or more goals, the highest in this division in our history and third highest across all divisions. Only on 4 other occasions have we finished in the top half of a division and conceded more than we have this season. We have conceded 3 or more goals on 9 occasions, the highest in this division since relegation in 1985. Only 4 times in our history in the second tier have we won fewer games by 2 or more goals. If we fail to beat Rotherham next weekend we'll have the joint worst goal difference in league history for a team finishing in the top half. I could continue with several more.

Yet somehow, despite what are a raft of stats that are quite simply poor, we've managed to win as many as we have. I'm not suggesting we haven't made some progress - in terms of the league table we certainly have, but do I believe Bulut could take us up another level next season given we'll hardly be spending lots in the summer? I don't.