Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
Your OP Eric suggests the contrary.
Once again, the curse of the messageboard, the lack of grey area, things are either black or white, strikes again (that's not aimed at you btw, but generally). Things can only be one or the other, nothing in between,

I've watched snooker for over 30 years. I enjoy a good tactical battle. I enjoy watching big breaks. I enjoy trickshots, flamboyancy etc. I'm not a great fan of slow players, so when Graeme Dott played Peter Ebdon in the 2006 final I gave it a miss. That's my choice as a spectator.

What I don't get with Jones is how great he has been with some of his long pots and pots under pressure that he isn't a bit more positive in frames. Often it's about knocking balls safe and creating scrappy frames which, ok they happen from time to time, but Jones needs for success. The final frame between Kyren Wilson and Anthony McGill was an all-time classic (and glad that twat McGill lost after his antics against Jamie Clarke). Trump and Bingham never really turned up in their games against Jones because they were forced out of their natural game. That's a rarity in snooker nowadays and I'd much rather see a good player being able to play their natural game instead of being ground down and frustrated. Jones would probably have beaten Ronnie in this tournament, but it doesn't mean he's a better player.

I also reckon that if Jones wasn't Welsh, it would be a different story.