+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Want You To Stay.

Re: We Want You To Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I genuinely don’t think Tan will entertain a three-year contract. I get the impression he’s not convinced by Bulut. No real evidence for that, just a feeling.
    I can't see Tan offering a 3 year contract to anyone. We're paying off so many managers at the moment I'm not surprised that Tan would be ultra cautious.

Like getting a refund on my season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    All that just seems a retort for the sake of it. We had two players in the Welsh league (Goutas & NG) as far as I remember. Grimes was the only Swansea player. Of course we're all glad that we weren't shitting ourselves. But I get really pissed off at being called a 'doom monger' for critiquing the shite that Bulut has served up this season and still people want to give him more time and money.

We just lost 5-2 to Rotherham. We've been abysmal at home (which is where the vast majority of fans spend their time and money). It's condescending to refer to critics as 'doom mongers' and doesn't add to the debate or discussion in a constructive way. It just sounds like 'superiority' or....maybe....delusional which segues into evangelical.

He will not produce a decent football side. The evidence was stark to day. The fist-pumping was embarrassing. The chants are embarrassing. How much more do fans want to see before they realise he's a charlatan?
    Ok. So you’re not a doom monger, but you have to accept that others feel different to you. At the end of the day, we are all City fans, and we all want the best for the club. Getting that squad to finish 12th, was a decent effort, even if the football wasn’t pretty. I think he deserves one more season. You obviously don’t. Let’s just agree to disagree 👍

Like getting a refund on my season ticket.
    😂😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Ok. So you’re not a doom monger, but you have to accept that others feel different to you. At the end of the day, we are all City fans, and we all want the best for the club. Getting that squad to finish 12th, was a decent effort, even if the football wasn’t pretty. I think he deserves one more season. You obviously don’t. Let’s just agree to disagree ��

I genuinely don’t think Tan will entertain a three-year contract. I get the impression he’s not convinced by Bulut. No real evidence for that, just a feeling.
    We know Tan likes the team to shoot more. I can’t think what he feels when he goes to bed at 1am after watching our efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I don’t know, but personally if it was up to me I wouldn’t give him any more than that at the moment.
    If it was up to me, i’d want a long discussion with him, about his long term vision, plans, and style of football. If he delivered on all fronts, and at the end of next season, I could see his plans starting to bear fruition, I’d be willing to give him a longer contract.
    If he wanted a longer contract right now, then I’d shake his hand, and tell him this is where we part company.
    The problem is, apart from it being not up to you,who could he have a discussion with about long term and style of football? His employers have no clue about such things.

I second that emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The problem is, apart from it being not up to you,who could he have a discussion with about long term and style of football? His employers have no clue about such things.
    This every day - until we have someone in decision making positions that understands football or the current lot learn lessons (and they don't show any evidence of that) then we will continue to lurch from shit show to shit show and get lucky now and again like Warnock and malky

This isn't a today problem it's a deep seated systemic issue with the way out club is run

Anyway the way the premier league is most if not all clubs going up are cannon fodder for the elite and our last two visits weren't that much of a joy

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    This every day - until we have someone in decision making positions that understands football or the current lot learn lessons (and they don't show any evidence of that) then we will continue to lurch from shit show to shit show and get lucky now and again like Warnock and malky
    Malky Mackay’s appointment had nothing to do with Vinnie. At that point the club had an actual board and a local CEO with a background in sports. Tan only started getting actively involved after Mackay (and Iain Moody) had been appointed.

Malky Mackay’s appointment had nothing to do with Vinnie. At that point the club had an actual board and a local CEO with a background in sports. Tan only started getting actively involved after Mackay (and Iain Moody) had been appointed.
    True - my mistake 👍

When Mackay was appointed the Chairman of Cardiff City was Dato Chan Tien Ghee, a long time business associate and "front man" for Vincent Tan. Little involvement maybe, but no involvement is unlikely IMHO.

Lets not forget prior to Malkys appointment we suddenly went all out to get Alan Shearer as manager. He went well odds on and looked certain to be appointed but eventually said no. We then went back to Malky.

Wonder how Shearer would have worked out.?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    When Mackay was appointed the Chairman of Cardiff City was Dato Chan Tien Ghee, a long time business associate and "front man" for Vincent Tan. Little involvement maybe, but no involvement is unlikely IMHO.
    Yes, Tan was apparently almost a sleeping partner during his initial involvement. Gethin Jenkins was the CEO, TG was the chairman and the club had directors such as Alan Whiteley and Steve Borley who were actively involved in the decision-making.

I believe Tan only began getting seriously involved after that season had got underway, and one of his first major decisions was to relieve Jenkins (the man who had been credited with overseeing Mackay’s appointment) of his duties.

I was at the CCS for a travel meeting when the news about Jenkins emerged. He came into the meeting, thanked us for our support and told us Tan was offloading him as he believed he was ‘unlucky’ (I’m quoting Jenkins there).

That, for me, was the first sign that Tan might be a problem, but the rest of the season went well enough and we heard little about Vinnie until the rebrand leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets not forget prior to Malkys appointment we suddenly went all out to get Alan Shearer as manager. He went well odds on and looked certain to be appointed but eventually said no. We then went back to Malky.

Wonder how Shearer would have worked out.?
    I'd forgotten about that, but it came ad went as an option very quickly. Article here: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...f-2297414.html

Yes, Tan was apparently almost a sleeping partner during his initial involvement. Gethin Jenkins was the CEO, TG was the chairman and the club had directors such as Alan Whiteley and Steve Borley who were actively involved in the decision-making.

I believe Tan only began getting seriously involved after that season had got underway, and one of his first major decisions was to relieve Jenkins (the man who had been credited with overseeing Mackay’s appointment) of his duties.

I was at the CCS for a travel meeting when the news about Jenkins emerged. He came into the meeting, thanked us for our support and told us Tan was offloading him as he believed he was ‘unlucky’ (I’m quoting Jenkins there).

That, for me, was the first sign that Tan might be a problem, but the rest of the season went well enough and we heard little about Vinnie until the rebrand leak.
    It's Tan's business model to put in a trusted figure from within his organisation/network, unfortunately he put someone in that was way out of their depth and got the "run around" from senior staff on the football side of the operation.

I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again, we need an owner who takes a back seat and appoints an experienced (in football) CEO to run the club. Take a look at how Ipswich have progressed under Mark Ashton for example.
    Instead we have Dalman and Choo part time with Tan sticking his oar in, none of whom have any background in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again, we need an owner who takes a back seat and appoints an experienced (in football) CEO to run the club. Take a look at how Ipswich have progressed under Mark Ashton for example.
    Instead we have Dalman and Choo part time with Tan sticking his oar in, none of whom have any background in football.
    I think you will find that the people you suggest have no background in football have the following experience in football:
    Ken Choo, 10 years
    Mehmet Dalman, 12 years
    Vincent Tan, 15 years

It's Tan's business model to put in a trusted figure from within his organisation/network, unfortunately he put someone in that was way out of their depth and got the "run around" from senior staff on the football side of the operation.
    Tan replaced Gethin Jenkins with Alan Whiteley initially, but once Whiteley had completed the onerous task of introducing Tan’s vanity project he was binned too. I may be getting the timelines mixed up, but wasn’t Simon Lim the next in line?

Tan also ditched TG around the same time. I’d love to know the background to that story, but it never really emerged.

I think you will find that the people you suggest have no background in football have the following experience in football:
    Ken Choo, 10 years
    Mehmet Dalman, 12 years
    Vincent Tan, 15 years
    -common sense enters the chat- uh oh this wont go down well

Tan replaced Gethin Jenkins with Alan Whiteley initially, but once Whiteley had completed the onerous task of introducing Tan’s vanity project he was binned too. I may be getting the timelines mixed up, but wasn’t Simon Lim the next in line?

Tan also ditched TG around the same time. I’d love to know the background to that story, but it never really emerged.
    Yes, Simon Lim was the appointment from within Berjaya Corp (I think it was the hotels division). FWIW when TG's name first appeared I asked my Malaysian contact if they knew anything about him, the initial response being "never heard of him, I will find out". Next day I was told TG was a "front man for Vincent Tan" and given a run down on VT.
    TG moving on appears consistent with his role as a "front man" while VT assessed the investment and it not being planned as a long term involvement.

Ken Choo, 10 years
    Mehmet Dalman, 12 years
    Vincent Tan, 15 years
    My point was that they had no experience before they joined us. They could have learned on the job, but what we've had is 10, 12 and 15 years of making the same mistakes over and over again. I was also making the point that they're all part time.

Yes, Simon Lim was the appointment from within Berjaya Corp (I think it was the hotels division). FWIW when TG's name first appeared I asked my Malaysian contact if they knew anything about him, the initial response being "never heard of him, I will find out". Next day I was told TG was a "front man for Vincent Tan" and given a run down on VT.
    TG moving on appears consistent with his role as a "front man" while VT assessed the investment and it not being planned as a long term involvement.
    But wasn’t it TG who brought Tan to CCFC as opposed to the other way around? I’m fairly sure TG had his own shares in the the club before they were diluted by Tan’s full takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    My point was that they had no experience before they joined us. They could have learned on the job, but what we've had is 10, 12 and 15 years of making the same mistakes over and over again. I was also making the point that they're all part time.
    That was my point as well - length of service doesn't equate to competence and it is clear they don't learn their lessons and don't have a plan - Dalman said as much when bulut was appointed and that this was due to change - I've seen no change at all over the last 10 months - drawn out decision making in the manager appointment, suffering an embargo for a fee we should have paid up front and paid eventually anyway and then the FFP fiasco of the transfer window in January

Changing or keeping the manager won't be the solution as we are treating a symptom and not a cause

But wasn’t it TG who brought Tan to CCFC as opposed to the other way around? I’m fairly sure TG had his own shares in the the club before they were diluted by Tan’s full takeover.
    As stated I was told TG was acting as a "front man" for VT. I have no information on how the arrangement came about or (perhaps more importantly) even if Cardiff City were the first club that VT was looking at investing in. It is no doubt possible that TG was working with a broader "football investment" brief on VT's behalf before taking an interest in (and introducing VT to) Cardiff City.