+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hull sack Liam Rosenior

Re: Hull sack Liam Rosenior

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Imagine what Bulut would do with that kind of money. Promoted by Easter..
    He'd spend it on average-to-decent 28-30 year olds with no resale value, probably finish mid table

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Why is it ridiculous out of interest?

They spent lots of money (I think anyway) and didn’t make the play offs.

In the world of footballing short termism that doesn’t seem ridiculous.
    Just had a gloat/look at their forum - 100% of their fans think it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Good.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Why?
    Havent liked him since summarising on a match where a Brighton player was sent off for a shocker of a tackle against Greg Cunningham. Talked complete shit about the incident.

Got to the stage in the studio they were suggesting Cardiff give it out so cant complain.

So feck him.😂

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Absolutely.
    Would be happy to see him here if Bulut goes (although with his Bristol City background he might not fancy it).
    Has not stopped lots of players swapping sides of the bridge.

When I heard the news that Rosenior had been sacked I thought that Hull's loss could be Cardiff's gain.

Must admit that I thought Rosenior under achieved given that Hull really went for it in January, but it still seems bonkers to sack him and I’d love him to come here because I think he’d improve our younger players.

I asked the question what would Bulut have made of Jaden Philogene in a thread last week, perhaps we could be about to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must admit that I thought Rosenior under achieved given that Hull really went for it in January, but it still seems bonkers to sack him and I’d love him to come here because I think he’d improve our younger players.

I asked the question what would Bulut have made of Jaden Philogene in a thread last week, perhaps we could be about to find out!
    9/1 on some sites coming in from 16/1 - I know that could be someone putting a tenner on but still .....

Maybe the silly has started already

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    8 points more with a lower win percentage, has he done a better job than Bulut?

Were they on an embargo, or could they sign whoever they wanted?
    Ranking total wins over total points and league position

You are a ****ing lunatic fair play

From what I can see on Twitter, Hull fans seemed to think he was building a good young team, playing good football and were looking forward to next season to see the progression.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He'd spend it on average-to-decent 28-30 year olds with no resale value, probably finish mid table
    Hopefully he'd take Siopis, Ralls and Wintle and allow us to start again in midfield.

(I don't mind either of them on their day but its not often enough and the 3 don't work together)

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Has not stopped lots of players swapping sides of the bridge.

When I heard the news that Rosenior had been sacked I thought that Hull's loss could be Cardiff's gain.
    Very true, most of them coming to us.
    It's a bit of a family thing with him, as his dad also played for them and settled near Bristol. I'm sure that wouldn't stop him taking the job if it was available and he was being considered though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Not necessarily though.

You have to think outside the box to make gains. Clubs like Brentford and Brighton have had success because of it. They look for players where other clubs don't. They sign players who other clubs literally rejected and don't want. They sign players with poor scoring records and make them into prolific strikers.

It's not always as simple as the best manager has the most points and the best striker to buy has scored the most goals etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    They sign players with poor scoring records and make them into prolific strikers...
    Just like Erol Bulut did. Oh, hang on a minute…

If you read the comments you will see we aren't the only ones who want Liam Rosenior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EoXBet35Y&t=127s

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just had a gloat/look at their forum - 100% of their fans think it's ridiculous.
    Small club mentality then.

An ambitious owner splashes the cash and expects results.

Not a huge surprise.

Birmingham sacking Eustace was ridiculous.

Posted on the hull forum few days ago:

No.....ive been watching city since 1970 and the football under rosenior is the most boring i have ever known.....i work all week like most of us on here so we deserve to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon .....so he can certainly **** off for me

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

No.....ive been watching city since 1970 and the football under rosenior is the most boring i have ever known.....i work all week like most of us on here so we deserve to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon .....so he can certainly **** off for me
    If that guy had been watching Cardiff City since October he’d be swinging from a rope by now. In the unlikely event that Bulut takes over at Hull, I predict they’ll be fishing him out of the Humber by the end of September.

Missed their recent 3-3 with Ipswich did they? There was more entertainment in that ninety minutes than there was all season at Cardiff City Stadium. A Hull fan wouldn’t have found their 3-0 over us boring either - I can’t remember when we last won a home game as conclusively as Hull did that day.

Missed their recent 3-3 with Ipswich did they? There was more entertainment in that ninety minutes than there was all season at Cardiff City Stadium. A Hull fan wouldn’t have found their 3-0 over us boring either - I can’t remember when we last won a home game as conclusively as Hull did that day.
    Let’s be real about it, the only way we would have him here, is if he came as a package with his mate Wayne, Mehmet loves an ex Man Utd striker as boss 🤦*♂️

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

I didn't rank or say anything other than they only had 8 more points than us and a lower win percentage, is that better than Bulut has done under an ebargo?

International

TLG's and Eric's are everywhere, shitloads at West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    TLG's and Eric's are everywhere, shitloads at West Ham
    This is the point.

Although I won't argue we haven't been boring to watch in most matches. But Hull have spent far more and that poster wasn't the only one feeling underwhelmed.

Think the general feeling was most wanted him to stay on and felt they improved when he took the shackles off late in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Small club mentality then.

An ambitious owner splashes the cash and expects results.

Not a huge surprise.

Birmingham sacking Eustace was ridiculous.
    They missed out on the playoffs by 3 points having finished 15th last season, finished 7th in a league with 4 extraordinarily good sides, built a squad of young players who will grow, developed an entertaining brand of football, displayed to PL clubs that Hull is a place to send young players who'll improve while playing good football. Basically set them up well for a promotion charge next season in a weaker Championship.

And they've sacked him. Ridiculous decision.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Not necessarily though.

You have to think outside the box to make gains. Clubs like Brentford and Brighton have had success because of it. They look for players where other clubs don't. They sign players who other clubs literally rejected and don't want. They sign players with poor scoring records and make them into prolific strikers.

It's not always as simple as the best manager has the most points and the best striker to buy has scored the most goals etc....

The Peterborough model and they’re still producing strikers for the hier divisions

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    The Peterborough model and they’re still producing strikers for the hier divisions

They might go “higher” as well