+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spurs v Man City

Spurs v Man City

Should be interesting.

Outside chance of the top 4 non trophy or hand the title to your arch rivals.

Some confused spurs fans about I'm sure.

I know a single swans fan, no Bristol city fans and I'd rather us lose in that situation, never mind living and working amongst each other as they do.

Spurs seem the sort of club that will win this, help arsenal, and still finish 5th anyway.

Re: Spurs v Man City

Spurs have lost 4 of their last 5 games so I wouldn't expect too much drama.

If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be wanting them to win tonight even if it meant Arsenal winning the title. The typical, and most likely, thing for Spurs to do would be to lose tonight and, effectively, hand the title to Man City yet again, but you wouldn't put it beyond them to win tonight, see Villa lose at Palace on Sunday (not out of the question by any means) and then concede an equaliser at Sheffield United in added time to see them end up fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be wanting them to win tonight even if it meant Arsenal winning the title. The typical, and most likely, thing for Spurs to do would be to lose tonight and, effectively, hand the title to Man City yet again, but you wouldn't put it beyond them to win tonight, see Villa lose at Palace on Sunday (not out of the question by any means) and then concede an equaliser at Sheffield United in added time to see them end up fifth.
    And giving the title to your beloved Arsenal. ok i get it

Johnson starting, let's see what he's made of.

Draw no good to either team and for that it should be a decent watch.

Very odd atmosphere at the moment- it's quite quite.

Entertaining first 15 minutes. Both teams with decent chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Should be interesting.

Outside chance of the top 4 non trophy or hand the title to your arch rivals.

Some confused spurs fans about I'm sure.

I know a single swans fan, no Bristol city fans and I'd rather us lose in that situation, never mind living and working amongst each other as they do.

Spurs seem the sort of club that will win this, help arsenal, and still finish 5th anyway.
    If there was nothing on the game I wouldn't be too upset to see us lose if it meant Swansea missed out/went down. There were City fans celebrating when we lost to Hull years ago on the last home game of the season as it meant Leeds went down.

If there was something on it, I wouldn't give a stuff other than wanting us to win.

if we could get into the champions League I wouldn't care at all if it got Swansea the title.

I realise this is very much a hypothetical scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if we could get into the champions League I wouldn't care at all if it got Swansea the title.

And I reckon the home crowd are very much behind their team winning the game.

I would. Id say feck the Champions League.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I would. Id say feck the Champions League.��
    I can't understand that at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I would. Id say feck the Champions League.😂
    Likewise, I'd be very happy with a Europa League trip.

Spurs have done well 1st half.

I expect a much better Man City 2nd half.

I cant understand a Cardiff fan not caring at all if Swansea won the PL. Luckily it will never happen.😂

I suppose it boils down to what’s stronger, your support for the team you’ve followed all of your life or your hatred of the side you class as your greatest rivals? It’s no competition for me, I’m much more of a City fan than I ama Swansea, or Bristol City, hater.

Not much sign of a goal so far, but I reckon the gaps are there for Man City to exploit and they won’t be as sloppy in the second half.

N/A

Nor me.

What was the game about 10 years ago. City v Hull? We lose Hull stay up Leeds go down.

There wasnt the usual disappointment after that defeat.

I can see if nothing was riding on it, and Arsenal would win the league for the first time in ages etc then many Spurs fans would happily lose..

But there's the champions league at stake. That's huge. And Arsenal will still have to beat Everton too.

Madness.

Spurs fans are pretty used to Arsenal winning the league though.

The thought of Swansea doing a Leicester is unbearable - sorry - champions league football would be no consolation.

This thread has turned into little Tattoo pointing at the sky saying ‘Boss, the plane, the plane’.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I suppose it boils down to what’s stronger, your support for the team you’ve followed all of your life or your hatred of the side you class as your greatest rivals? It’s no competition for me, I’m much more of a City fan than I ama Swansea, or Bristol City, hater.

Not much sign of a goal so far, but I reckon the gaps are there for Man City to exploit and they won’t be as sloppy in the second half.
    I don't see Swansea fans (or Bristol city fans) as the REAL enemy, yes it's good fun having banter with them but if we were born a few miles further west we'd most likely be Swansea fans. the real enemies are the legions of South Wales Liverpool, man u, arsenal etc fans.
    to have Swansea and Cardiff both in the champions League would be incredible, but obviously never going to happen)

Son really should have made that 1-1.