Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
Why bother going at that price - just to watch someone cook or to have the privilege to eat the food they have just cooked. Time for a great reset in all this sort of stuff. What the council dont realise is that the more expensive they make it the less will come, so the less they will make, so they put the price up again. More people = more turn over which means they dont have to charge so much for entry.

But the id1iots who work for the council dont realise something - they work for the council for a reason - they wouldnt survive in the private sector and generally have no idea how to run a business.

Im an ex council worker and realised this a long time ago, after I left the council.

Someone I used to work with used to be a secretary - she is / was head of 'tourism' for the council - and she still has trouble with a spreadsheet.
What are you talking about? The traders set the price of the food not the council.

Thats the going rate for gourmet street food at these type of events. I didnt go but know several people who did and had a great time but dont let that get in the way of a good witchunt.