+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans Advisory Board update

Re: Fans Advisory Board update

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    To be fair the club have provided details of the directors when they have been appointed. Caramella is a Cardiff born and bred entrepreneur with business interests in Malaysia, while Chin is a Malaysian UK educated lawyer and barrister who was appointed head of legal at Berjaya Corp.
    Mention of Mr Caramella`s upbringing in Cardiff was given when he was appointed as a director in late 2017 and it was said that he had a role of raising Cardiff City Football Club`s profile abroad (assumedly in Malaysia where he is based). According to everyone I know who has visited Malaysia and those I know who have worked there for many years, CCFC has no profile there so seems unlikely that he has been carrying out that task for 6.5 years.

Chin has been a long time employee at Berjaya Group (recently promoted to their board) and, as you say, is a lawyer. What his contribution to CCFC is remains uncertain as the club`s legal advice is provided by Capital Law in the UK.

Danni Rai is also a solicitor with his own small practice in Malaysia and was previously employed (not as a solicitor) by Berjaya. His importance to Vincent Tan is more likely to be the fact that his father was a leading politician in Malaysia - until recently leader of a political party and President of the upper house of the Malaysian Parliament. There is no suggestion that he has ever made a positive role in CCFC itself.

Although it is mentioned in the minutes of the recent FAB meeting with the club that the above three attend all board meetings (I personally find that hard to believe) , it is difficult to see what possible football or football business knowledge they would contribute to such meetings.

Once in place an Independent Regulator will require the club to submit a Personnel Statement properly setting out what the title and role of every director of the club is. This will be a statutory requirement, without which the club will not be given a licence to operate as a professional football club in any of the top five divisions in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    The badge hasn't been released yet from what I can gather Kev.

The biggest takeaway from reading the notes are the club is still run like a dictatorship and those staff members on the ground, have zero power to do anything. All seems very toxic.
    Absolutely this.

I was wondering if i opened the same link reading everyone else say good honest answers from the club etc......

Under sam and ridsdale fans would often enter meetings with pitch forks then come out singing their praises.

Its no criticism of those who attended the meetings and the questions are fair enough. Also no criticism of the likes of borley who are doing their best.

Its just the reality its a complete dictactorship and the single person who can decide anything isnt even that interested. The result being the almost sense of nothingness and drift that surrounds the club currently. Surely something has to give soon.

Will there be photo ID on digital ST’s, and are they transferable?