+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spurs v Man City

Re: Spurs v Man City

There was a great article in the Athletic recently
    about how football fans get more pleasure from teams they dislike losing, as opposed to their own team winning.

I can smell the plastics burning.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I can smell the plastics burning.
    What are the legions of Man U & Liverpool plastics going through at the moment? I may light a candle for them.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What are the legions of Man U & Liverpool plastics going through at the moment? I may light a candle for them.
    i love it ...it not the same but when a tyre factory burns up

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't see Swansea fans (or Bristol city fans) as the REAL enemy, yes it's good fun having banter with them but if we were born a few miles further west we'd most likely be Swansea fans. the real enemies are the legions of South Wales Liverpool, man u, arsenal etc fans.
    to have Swansea and Cardiff both in the champions League would be incredible, but obviously never going to happen)
    Absolutely

South Wales is awash with these idiots

If I go shopping in Bridgend I see shirt after shirt representing Liverpool, United and the rest

You can have a good chat with most jacks away from the game but I can't waste my time bothering with the plastics

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Spurs fans are pretty used to Arsenal winning the league though.

The thought of Swansea doing a Leicester is unbearable - sorry - champions league football would be no consolation.
    They've not won the league for 20 years, plenty of Spurs fans won't even remember the last time Arsenal won the league

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You can have a good chat with most jacks away from the game but I can't waste my time bothering with the plastics
    Where are you from originally? Neath, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Absolutely

South Wales is awash with these idiots

If I go shopping in Bridgend I see shirt after shirt representing Liverpool, United and the rest

Hypothetical question - suppose Cardiff City spend a decade in the top 3 in the Premier League. The club would attract many fans outside South Wales. A person moves to Cardiff and supports the club for a couple of seasons before moving miles away. Does he then become a plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Where are you from originally? Neath, isn’t it?
    How is that relevant to locals in Bridgend ignoring cardiff and Swansea to suck the pants off teams 4 hours up the motorway ?

I know plenty of Cardiff fans in Porthcawl which again by your thinking should be a Swansea area but it's always had a strong CCFC following , it sort of morphs in those parts

The ones I know can't stand the south wales day trippers either

Are you suggesting the fans from maesteg , neath , port talbot and porthcawl who love Cardiff City but can't bear people walking round in Liverpool tops are deserving of your ire ?

It's splitting very thin hair on an almost microscopic level

Is there anyone in this thread who preferred Iceland beating England to us beating Belgium at the 2016 Euros? When I was first going to City games sixty years ago, my motivation for doing so wasn’t because Swansea had made it to the FA Cup Semi Final in 1964 and I had to show my hatred of them, - sorry, but I honestly can’t even begin to understand anyone who prefers to see Swansea fail to Cardiff succeeding and the same applies to any Spurs fans who celebrated their team’s exit from Champions League contention last night.

Sorry, duplicate post.

Spurs have qualified for the Champions League 5 times in the last 8 seasons. It’s not even close to comparing Cardiff qualifying or Swansea winning the title. As a Cardiff fan I’d be ecstatic if we qualified for the Europa Conference League.

As a Spurs fan, I reckon I could trade a year of CL football for the Europa league if it stopped Arsenal winning their first league title in 20 years.

The Europa League is a competition Spurs could feasibly win too. With no titles since 2008, I’m sure some fans might prefer to be in the Europa League over the Champions League.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hypothetical question - suppose Cardiff City spend a decade in the top 3 in the Premier League. The club would attract many fans outside South Wales. A person moves to Cardiff and supports the club for a couple of seasons before moving miles away. Does he then become a plastic?
    I am not so sure we would attract a lot of fans from outside of South Wales if we spent a decade in the top 3 of the Premier league

You see the occasional Newcastle top about but it's still united and Liverpool who dominate

If someone like Jimmy The Jock from Glasgow can move down here and get behind a local side ......and lots of people originally from England do this too when they move here then that's clearly not the behaviour of a glory seeking plastic fan

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is there anyone in this thread who preferred Iceland beating England to us beating Belgium at the 2016 Euros? When I was first going to City games sixty years ago, my motivation for doing so wasn’t because Swansea had made it to the FA Cup Semi Final in 1964 and I had to show my hatred of them, - sorry, but I honestly can’t even begin to understand anyone who prefers to see Swansea fail to Cardiff succeeding and the same applies to any Spurs fans who celebrated their team’s exit from Champions League contention last night.
    I thought it was great to see Iceland beat England but Wales doing Belgium was absolutely incredible and on a different , incomparable level

Completely different. 99% of the time of course Cardiff winning is better. Cardiff losing but Swansea losing as well doesnt cheer me up.

When we beat Belguim we were still in the tournament could win it and if necessary play England again and beat them.

Different scenario. Our own players embarrassing reaction to Englands defeat maybe they enjoyed it more though.

For me England winning the World Cup , Euros really wont bother me much. They should win one really soon with their players.

A similar scenario would be Wales have qualified from a group after 2 wins. The 3rd game a draw or defeat would allow England to qualify. If England were to go through and actually win. How many would have rather us have still qualified but only got a point in that last match?

Some silly comparisons.

It was if Spurs getting champions league if they won last night.

It was still in Villas hands. It was very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Some silly comparisons.

It was if Spurs getting champions league if they won last night.

It was still in Villas hands. It was very unlikely.
    It's not a silly comparison at all, it's about what is the stronger motivation in the modern game, seeing your team succeed or your strongest rivals fail? Apparently, the Athletic says it's the latter, perhaps that goes some way to explaining why I don't enjoy football as much now as I did ten years ago.

https://www.football.london/tottenha...-said-29171557

https://x.com/MirrorFootball/status/1790656633179168911

Wouldn't it be ironic if Spurs lose again on Saturday and Chelsea win and so pip them to the Europa League. Even more so if Man City drop points and the Arse win to be Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Spurs lose again on Saturday and Chelsea win and so pip them to the Europa League. Even more so if Man City drop points and the Arse win to be Champions.
    Spurs old school fans are far more bothered by Chelsea than Arsenal I hear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Spurs lose again on Saturday….
    Unfortunately, they’re playing one of the very worst sides in Premier League history (and it’s on Sunday). It would be funny if they lost, though.

It's not a silly comparison at all, it's about what is the stronger motivation in the modern game, seeing your team succeed or your strongest rivals fail? Apparently, the Athletic says it's the latter, perhaps that goes some way to explaining why I don't enjoy football as much now as I did ten years ago.

https://www.football.london/tottenha...-said-29171557

https://x.com/MirrorFootball/status/1790656633179168911
    Winning the derbies in the autumn were oft quoted from Bulut fans as a reason to keep him despite the dreadful stuff they had witnessed since. Crazy.

Each to their own when it comes to wanting your team to lose if it stops your rivals wining a cup, league title, promotion etc.
    I’m with the ToBW on this. I don’t hate our rivals enough to want the City to lose a game.
    On a side note, any of our fans that have ever wanted the City to play a weakened team in a cup tie, are sub consciously not caring a shite about us losing a game.