+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to blink first then?

Who's going to blink first then?

At the very least negotiations re bulut started weeks ago. Almost certainly before then but the club said publicly weeks ago talks were happening and offers made.

However since then........

With us moving towards June how much longer can this play out for? Obviously the longer it goes on the less likely bulut will be staying. Then the new manager search begins etc......

Surely will be an announcement one way or another this week?

Re: Who's going to blink first then?

Im 75 % that he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im 75 % that he signs.
    I am not so sure but then I'm losing any interest in the process as this should have been decided weeks ago when we knew we would be staying in the championship - it's all a bit shambolic really and seems we do this on repeat now hence no progress or stability let alone starting on the back foot re recruitment and pre season tours

Let's hope the other board is right for once and there is something big happening - at least that will be exciting or probably not - oh I don't know 😂😂

I don't think his family fancy moving over here for just a year, so unless it's a longer offer he won't sign.

Even if Bulut does stay, after not getting it sorted before the season ended, Tan apparently having to be persuaded to offer an extension and a long period of clearly not seeing eye to eye about something, it doesn't bode well for a productive relationship does it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I don't think his family fancy moving over here for just a year, so unless it's a longer offer he won't sign.
    I’d have thought it’s the safety net of compensation that’s uppermost in their minds not the actual relocation. Don’t think it’d be an issue if he were to be sacked one year into a three year contract and they returned home with a hefty pay out.

Absolute shambles.

Circus is at the stadium this week, may as well get them a permanent residency.

He's been offered a 1yr contract - that's pretty much agreed. A manager with just Turkish football experience isn't going to be snapped up by a club in a better position than City, and I don't think his playing the family card will wash with Tan & Co. So presumably they're just ironing out a few details or else he's stalling for other offers as his agent puts the word out. Good luck with that !

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I am not so sure but then I'm losing any interest in the process as this should have been decided weeks ago when we knew we would be staying in the championship - it's all a bit shambolic really and seems we do this on repeat now hence no progress or stability let alone starting on the back foot re recruitment and pre season tours

Let's hope the other board is right for once and there is something big happening - at least that will be exciting or probably not - oh I don't know 😂😂
    “I’m losing any interest in the process” sums it up for me as well.

He should sign it - if it has been offered and then he should immediately start looking for another job.
    Being selfish he should take all the money we are offering to make sure he can pay his bills etc - and then look for something longer term elsewhere. He should play the club at their own game. We cant commit for whatever reason - that is a 2 way street, he should do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm not sure how much of that I believe, more that he's looking for a better deal so if it goes tits up, he gets paid up and he can stay here at our expense with his family and have the luxury of having lots of time to decide where to go to next.

The silence is deafening

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    The silence is deafening
    Same last year didn't appoint lamouche and then had no back up plan and wasted time to appear not the successor

This is the thing for me we have consistent key members of the board for a while and yet they just don't seem to advance and learn in their thinking

Pretty demoralising - what's that saying about doing the same thing and expecting different results

Same last year didn't appoint lamouche and then had no back up plan and wasted time to appear not the successor

This is the thing for me we have consistent key members of the board for a while and yet they just don't seem to advance and learn in their thinking

Pretty demoralising - what's that saying about doing the same thing and expecting different results
    I would have thought the board would already have drawn up, months ago, a suitable list of replacements based on their footballing philosophy, recruitment ability and success in bringing young players through.

If Alan Sugar was in charge, I'm sure he'd point the finger at Tan and say "You're Fired"...

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    He should sign it - if it has been offered and then he should immediately start looking for another job.
    Being selfish he should take all the money we are offering to make sure he can pay his bills etc - and then look for something longer term elsewhere. He should play the club at their own game. We cant commit for whatever reason - that is a 2 way street, he should do the same.
    A person on a message board stating that an experienced football manager shouldn't try to negotiate regarding his next contract

It was on 17th May last year that it was announced Lamouchi was not staying. I expect the Bulut situation to be resolved one way or the other by the beginning of next week, but that’s just a hunch obviously.

I think he’s going to stay and they’ll announce it when he’s back from Turkey next week. I’m past caring though. Club is completely rudderless. I expect Tan will get his way with a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Even if Bulut does stay, after not getting it sorted before the season ended, Tan apparently having to be persuaded to offer an extension and a long period of clearly not seeing eye to eye about something, it doesn't bode well for a productive relationship does it.
    Nope. Further still, each day this goes on for, a day is lost in preparation for next season.

The close season isn't that long.

I'm sure that the players and coaching staff only have three weeks off before getting back to training. Then it's the friendlies, then we begin again.

Another problem seems to be as the 1 year etc is so public if he does sign then everyone will know either the Clun have backed down or he has. I can't see tan backing down and offering longer? Bulut doesn't seem the backing down type either but maybe he will realise this is as good as it gets for him.

Likewise control and backroom staff etc.. if bulut gets his way its a huge message. I just can't see tan backing in to all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Another problem seems to be as the 1 year etc is so public if he does sign then everyone will know either the Clun have backed down or he has. I can't see tan backing down and offering longer? Bulut doesn't seem the backing down type either but maybe he will realise this is as good as it gets for him.

Likewise control and backroom staff etc.. if bulut gets his way its a huge message. I just can't see tan backing in to all of that.
    It's not always a case of one party backing down. Two parties usually enter negotiations with their respective non-negotiable positions as a baseline but with tradable components in the background in order to reach a compromise.

We ended up with a manager who did an ok job.
    Despite the thoughts of some on here , I am sure there are plenty managers who would want the job at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's not always a case of one party backing down. Two parties usually enter negotiations with their respective non-negotiable positions as a baseline but with tradable components in the background in order to reach a compromise.
    Yes but they have had months and months to sort this out.

The club get a lot of stick but on this as a starting point I agree with them. Offer 1 year or bye bye. However for me his deadline should have been weeks if not months ago.

The drift makes it unacceptable either way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Despite the thoughts of some on here , I am sure there are plenty managers who would want the job at Cardiff.
    Recent history suggests not.

We've recently had 2 managers from abroad on short term contracts who had been in relative obscurity before us.

We've had a couple of seen it and done it all managers in warnock and mccarthy.

Otherwise We've had "up and coming" (ahem) managers like trollope morison and hudson who wouldn't be near league 2 jobs.

Not sure where Harris fits in.

I don't disagree that plenty would want the job but almost certainly they'd either be from 1 of the 3 categories the club go for- relative obscurity from outside the UK, a young manager a league 2 club wouldn't employ or a steve Bruce type (he's looking to get back in) who has seen it all and just fancies a go/extra pay day.

It won't be the type of manager that swansea frustratingly always get.

Don't disagree with that but why does it take so long when we knew for weeks before the season end we would be in the championship ,- any advantage we could have had over other clubs has gone now and we are looking at being behind them on player recruitment

I agree about there being plenty who would want the City job, but I’ve always believed there’d be more, better quality, candidates for any vacancy if Vincent Tan wasn’t the club’s owner - assuming whoever was in charge had been able to maintain our Championship place.