+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's going to blink first then?

Re: Who's going to blink first then?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes but they have had months and months to sort this out.

The club get a lot of stick but on this as a starting point I agree with them. Offer 1 year or bye bye. However for me his deadline should have been weeks if not months ago.

The drift makes it unacceptable either way now.
    We don't actually know about the complexity of the negotiations but it's significant that those negotiations have not yet been terminated (even if they will be very shortly). The situation is obviously not as black and white as some people may think - and there has obviously been some interest by both parties in hanging on in there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We don't actually know about the complexity of the negotiations but it's significant that those negotiations have not yet been terminated (even if they will be very shortly). The situation is obviously not as black and white as some people may think - and there has obviously been some interest by both parties in hanging on in there for a while.
    But unless we think bulut was lying or being economical with the truth it was very late in the day for any conversation to start over a new deal as he was consistently asked in press conference to the point where it became a bit of a joke - granted things may have got complicated now but surely an earlier start would have been more sensible as we knew where we would be playing for some time and we knew buluts current deal ended hence making it easier to resolve in good time

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    But unless we think bulut was lying or being economical with the truth it was very late in the day for any conversation to start over a new deal as he was consistently asked in press conference to the point where it became a bit of a joke - granted things may have got complicated now but surely an earlier start would have been more sensible as we knew where we would be playing for some time and we knew buluts current deal ended hence making it easier to resolve in good time
    Exactly and if bulut was making all that up then surely he wouldn't have been offered anything at all.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think he’s going to stay and they’ll announce it when he’s back from Turkey next week. I’m past caring though. Club is completely rudderless. I expect Tan will get his way with a one year deal.
    They could probably negotiate and agree on an automatic extension if certain requirements are met.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I didn't mention anything about the juncture at which negotiations started. My comment was merely about both parties being still in the game - - and the situation is obviously more complex than just diametrically opposed ultimata.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree about there being plenty who would want the City job, but I’ve always believed there’d be more, better quality, candidates for any vacancy if Vincent Tan wasn’t the club’s owner - assuming whoever was in charge had been able to maintain our Championship place.
    I desisted from mentioning Tan because that opens up a whole new discussion.

Despite Tan this is a very lucrative football club to manage , any up and coming manager would love to come here, lots of experienced mangers would be happy to have a go and show they can take us back to the greedy league.
    Steve Bruce .... please god no....

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They could probably negotiate and agree on an automatic extension if certain requirements are met.
    Perfect compromise .After the last few results I doubt Bulut will make xmas if he does take the one year deal .

Blink? Both sides fell asleep ages sgo.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blink? Both sides fell asleep ages sgo.
    Bit like the fans watching the last 6 months.