Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
The Eastern Daily Press piece says Norwich will be looking for a more “progressive” appointment, so us City fans can rest easy.

I was going to say Norwich sacking Wagner was a shock, but I wasn’t surprised by the decision to sack Dave Jones after a Play Off failure and Wagner was always struggling after Webber left Norwich.
Managers know they have a limited lifespan in each appointment nowadays whereas they were given more time years ago. Not saying whether either is right or wrong, it's how it is. With all the money in the game comes expections. There's usually been playoff talk from our upper echelons every season so far, so whether we might have finished 21st last season, Tan was still optimistic of a top 6 finish earlier in the season. However, I do believe it is right that expectation levels change through the course of a season - simply saying that a club, for example, that tails away but has finished higher than the previous season after it spends most of the season in the playoffs, is daft.

There is a worry that club owners/boards etc believe they provide the tools for success and that failures are mainly due to a manager.