+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Online batting for Bulut again.

Wales Online batting for Bulut again.

Re: Wales Online batting for Bulut again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Typical sensationalism in many ways.

"A club going in the wrong direction, finishing lower in the table year after year after year"

Makes it sound like we've spend a decade in the doldrums.

In fact, 4 seasons ago we were in the playoffs, 3 seasons ago we were in the top 6 and fell away at the end after McCarthy got his contract. We started badly the season afterwards and never recovered for the next two seasons with a raft of shit managerial appointments even if we had some decent players. So we've had 2 dud seasons. For me, the fact that Bulut got us to finish 12th says as much about how bad Morison and Hudson were.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

"A club going in the wrong direction, finishing lower in the table year after year after year"

In fact, 4 seasons ago we were in the playoffs, 3 seasons ago we were in the top 6 and fell away at the end after McCarthy got his contract. We started badly the season afterwards and never recovered for the next two seasons with a raft of shit managerial appointments even if we had some decent players. So we've had 2 dud seasons. For me, the fact that Bulut got us to finish 12th says as much about how bad Morison and Hudson were.
    We had parachute money when we were finishing in or near the playoffs - we really should have been more competitive than we were given the unfair advantage we had.
    Take that away and we are amongst the also rans at best

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We had parachute money when we were finishing in or near the playoffs - we really should have been more competitive than we were given the unfair advantage we had.
    Take that away and we are amongst the also rans at best
    The transfer window immediately after relegation was disastrous

Batting for Bulut sounds like the sequel to Waiting for Godot.

International

That's accurate 5th, 8th, 18th, and 21st is down for four years in a row as the year before was the Premier League.

Now 12th so back in the right direction and stopped the rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Batting for Bulut sounds like the sequel to Waiting for Godot.
    The contract news that never arrives?

Not much else to talk about at the moment, but they could fill some space with reasons why we should look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That's accurate 5th, 8th, 18th, and 21st is down for four years in a row as the year before was the Premier League.

Now 12th so back in the right direction and stopped the rot.
    Could easily have been worded "after two top half finishes, including one season in the playoffs, the last two seasons have seen the Bluebirds struggle at the wrong end of the table". Just as accurate. Perhaps it was just me, but it sounded like the end was nigh. The reality was we had a few crap managers. Now we have an average one we've finished roughly where I'd expect, though expectation levels were non-existent at the start of the season.

International

Could easily have been worded "after two top half finishes, including one season in the playoffs, the last two seasons have seen the Bluebirds struggle at the wrong end of the table". Just as accurate. Perhaps it was just me, but it sounded like the end was nigh. The reality was we had a few crap managers. Now we have an average one we've finished roughly where I'd expect, though expectation levels were non-existent at the start of the season.
    We were one crap Manager away from relegation, Bulut had a tough job and guided us to safety easily.

We were one crap Manager away from relegation, Bulut had a tough job and guided us to safety easily.
    Do you think that was his only remit? Back in October Tan was talking playoffs. Do you think this could have any bearing on negotiations?

As did Neil Harris at Millwall. The Championship is such a tough league, packed with such quality that only the greatest of managers can safely negotiate it. Or something like that.

My stance on Bulut has softened

He was a good man to steady the ship but hasn’t shown enough to prove he’s the one to take us forward.

most people dont want to hear that. Its the same loud minority who still actually call for Tan to leave. No brains all bark and only worth your time to get a raise outta them for a laugh.

I also think we underperformed big time last season. I remember a good handful of games I felt we could've won but didnt. Instead of this season where almost all our wins felt the opposite, like we shouldve lost and badly.

Touché

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    My stance on Bulut has softened

He was a good man to steady the ship but hasn’t shown enough to prove he’s the one to take us forward.
    He needs to be backed, with decent players and a striker, Cardiff failer to sign Moore is the issue that needs discussing. It's obvious we need a striker, that's not the managers fault. He has to deal the deck he is left with.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He has to deal the deck he is left with.
    Bulut brought a good percentage of the current players here and renewed the contracts of several others, but strangely he gets a free pass for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bulut brought a good percentage of the current players here and renewed the contracts of several others, but strangely he gets a free pass for that.
    Not with me. Two new 2yr deals for both Wintle & Ralls, £1m plus on Turnbull, Siopis and Guotas, playing loan signings right up until the last minutes of the season, which ended with City having the 6th highest wage bill. On the pitch no discernible pattern of play, just a boring, slow, predictable hike up the pitch to meet the other team's eleven waiting for us to arrive..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not with me. Two new 2yr deals for both Wintle & Ralls, £1m plus on Turnbull, Siopis and Guotas, playing loan signings right up until the last minutes of the season, which ended with City having the 6th highest wage bill. On the pitch no discernible pattern of play, just a boring, slow, predictable hike up the pitch to meet the other team's eleven waiting for us to arrive..

But, in fairness, we've seen much more flowing, attacking football as a result.

As much as I think he should move on and hasn’t got the best of what he has…

I’m not sure he had a huge selection compared to others while we were under an embargo, it’s publicised he didn’t get the players he wanted in January after a change in budget and we also don’t know if it’s his decision on the contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    As much as I think he should move on and hasn’t got the best of what he has…

I’m not sure he had a huge selection compared to others while we were under an embargo, it’s publicised he didn’t get the players he wanted in January after a change in budget and we also don’t know if it’s his decision on the contracts.
    Not having a go at you here, but this bollocks about Bulut not being able to get the players he wanted really makes me laugh. After all, wouldn’t all Championship managers like to be able to spend more money and bring in better players if they could? What makes Bulut so special in that regard? And what evidence is there to suggest he’d bring in genuinely decent players if he did have more to spend?

This is the Championship and he took a job at a mid-ranking club that loses millions every year. Like most managers in this division he was never going to have much money to spend. And if he was banking on signing Kieffer bloody Moore, then more fool him.

One thing’s for sure, he had a bigger playing budget here than he did at any of the minor Turkish clubs he’s managed. As for Fenerbache, I’ve no idea what he was able to spend as manager there, but whatever it was it didn’t do him much good as he was given the boot after eight months.

Not having a go at you here, but this bollocks about Bulut not being able to get the players he wanted really makes me laugh. After all, wouldn’t all Championship managers like to be able to spend more money and bring in better players if they could? What makes Bulut so special in that regard? And what evidence is there to suggest he’d bring in genuinely decent players if he did have more to spend?

This is the Championship and he took a job at a mid-ranking club that loses millions every year. Like most managers in this division he was never going to have much money to spend. And if he was banking on signing Kieffer bloody Moore, then more fool him.

One thing’s for sure, he had a bigger playing budget here than he did at any of the minor Turkish clubs he’s managed. As for Fenerbache, I’ve no idea what he was able to spend as manager there, but whatever it was it didn’t do him much good as he was given the boot after eight months.
    I can only think that some supporters still believe the stuff Wales Online printed about Bulut when news of his appointment first broke this time last year. I read that first story thinking how come I’ve never heard of this bloke before if he is this major figure on the European mainland whose appointment is apparently such a coup?

Our Chairman himself has said we had the sixth biggest wage bill in the Championship, I still don’t see how he could have known that at the time he made the claim, but I’d say it’s reasonable to assume now that it’s been in the top ten - if it has been, then, despite the big climb up the table compared to 22/23, I’d say Bulut under achieved by getting us to twelfth.

I accept that’s an interpretation which can be argued against quite easily, but I maintain that our improvement in league position in the season just ended was not matched by an improvement in the quality of football played. Wayne Rooney didn’t get much right at Birmingham, but I think he was correct when he said that what Cardiff can do is find a way to stay in games in which they are second best. That’s something in our side that shouldn’t be played down and it’s exactly what Mehmet Dalman said about Bulut in that first press conference after his appointment.

However, much has been made of our nineteen wins, but in how many of those were we obviously the better side? Around a quarter of them I’d say. How many times could we say we wuz robbed after one of our twenty two defeats? Strangely enough, the first game I think of there is Ipswich away - in fact, I’m struggling to think of another one after that.

Bulut has clearly made mistakes throughout the season and must take responsibility for those if he stays and not deflect as he has been guilty of

However a common theme is emerging for me in as much as bulut the local media and a percentage of fans have been sucked into dalmans bullshit about a project about, recruitment targets and about having a plan now he had woken up from his slumber and was more engaged in the club - ridsdale got a lot of stick (and still does) for the bull he span but dalman spins better than Muralitharan in his pomp

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can only think that some supporters still believe the stuff Wales Online printed about Bulut when news of his appointment first broke this time last year. I read that first story thinking how come I’ve never heard of this bloke before if he is this major figure on the European mainland whose appointment is apparently such a coup?

Our Chairman himself has said we had the sixth biggest wage bill in the Championship, I still don’t see how he could have known that at the time he made the claim, but I’d say it’s reasonable to assume now that it’s been in the top ten - if it has been, then, despite the big climb up the table compared to 22/23, I’d say Bulut under achieved by getting us to twelfth.

I accept that’s an interpretation which can be argued against quite easily, but I maintain that our improvement in league position in the season just ended was not matched by an improvement in the quality of football played. Wayne Rooney didn’t get much right at Birmingham, but I think he was correct when he said that what Cardiff can do is find a way to stay in games in which they are second best. That’s something in our side that shouldn’t be played down and it’s exactly what Mehmet Dalman said about Bulut in that first press conference after his appointment.

However, much has been made of our nineteen wins, but in how many of those were we obviously the better side? Around a quarter of them I’d say. How many times could we say we wuz robbed after one of our twenty two defeats? Strangely enough, the first game I think of there is Ipswich away - in fact, I’m struggling to think of another one after that.
    The away game, ironically, at the other automatically promoted club was a game we could have won. The missed one on one when the scores were level was shocking. Leicester’s late, late winner was a real kick in the teeth.

Both Ipswich away and Leicester away were in our first 5 games of the season, at the time when we seemed to have a bit more about us and were more interested in attacking. That soon changed didn't it.