Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
I haven't read that book and I'm not likely to. I'm up to my eyes writing up my doctoral thesis. It's on the interwar era in South Wales. As an historian I know that historical "evidence" is a. rarely, if ever, objective and b. often not accurate. Your claim that this book examines "every facet" of the events is a bit daft. No offence intended. My own research has brought to light new evidence (acknowledging the caveats I've mentioned above) which calls into question some well-established views on historical events in interwar Wales. Any study which claims to offer the definitive account of anything should be treated with extreme caution. We are constantly revising our views on historical events in the light of new research. Otherwise there would be no point in historians bothering to do new research. Your view is clearly different, but personally I would be especially sceptical about any research which found that the most likely explanation for the events it describes is dead matter being brought back to life. I'm not going to pursue this matter with you. If you think I'm wrong or afraid to debate it then that's fine. It's simply that I find the whole thing ludicrous, it holds very limited interest for me and I have, what to me, are more important things to do with my time.
I don't disagree, but I am not aware of any new evidence that has emerged that has undermined Morison's work which he wrote nearly 100 years ago, so plenty of time for that to happen.

Like you I found the whole subject ludicrous until I read Morison's very reasoned arguments and proved, at least to me, that the resurrection did, beyond reasonable doubt, occur.

Whether you want to debate it or not is your choice – I can't say I don't care because that would be incorrect. Like you I was too busy getting on with my life to be bothered to look into the claims of Christianity but I feel sure there will come a time when something will prompt you to investigate what are essentially outrageous claims!

Re your thesis – an interesting topic! I have only some limited knowledge of that period from talking with my Dad. He was born in 1913 and grew up in Mountain Ash, so he experienced first hand those inter-war years in the Valleys. His father was a coal miner who was killed in a pit roof fall in 1933. Sadly my Dad died nearly 30 years ago and how I wish I had asked him more questions about those days! Good luck with the thesis.