+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

So wtf is going on with Bulut?

Sitting on the fence is unacceptable. Either he's in or he's out.

How the club can prepare for next season under the current circumstances is beyond me!

It's not a joke, it's pathetic!

Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post

How the club can prepare for next season under the current circumstances is beyond me!

I've been logging in here a couple of times a day and until I saw your post I'd forgotten why I was doing it.

Seriously, I'm praying he's flounced off back to Turkey, but knowing our knowledgeable lot they're probably doing everything possible to get him to stay and deliver his 'Turkball' for another season..

have you been living under a rock. This is Cardiff, they never do anything right

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    have you been living under a rock. This is Cardiff, they never do anything right
    It's not "Cardiff" that's the issue, it's Tan and Mehmet that are the problem.

Imagine he's got an offer on the table he's not that fussed on (one year without the commitment he wants to see in the transfer market) and he's waiting to see if he'll get anything better?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It's not "Cardiff" that's the issue, it's Tan and Mehmet that are the problem.
    And useless managers who can’t make up their mind whilst waiting for a better offer.

....he's still torturing us even when we're not playing.

I guess it's his perogative to wait till he has a better offer if he isn't convinced by the one offered by Tan.

It's also up to Tan if he thinks a 1 year contract is the most sensible thing he can offer.

The only thing is, there is nothing to stop Tan going to another manager in the meantime. In fact, there is nothing to stop Tan speaking to another manager beforehand. He could then say to Bulut. "Look. You've got a week to decide before I offer the job to Paul Ince" .

So ye. Ultimately, the problem is with the man at the top. It's a shoddily run enterprise.

Does this club attract an above average number of sociopathic/egotistical/incompetent owners. It sometimes feels that way.

I remember back in 2003 reading that the team that goes up via the Play Offs are at a disadvantage because there’s almost a month before they learn which division they’ll be in compared to everyone else and they therefore can’t start planning in earnest until they do. Well, Oxford can rest assured that there is one established Championship club that has put itself at a bigger disadvantage than them through a mixture of ineptitude and arrogance - we know from painful experience all about Vincent Tan already, but, in my opinion, Bulut’s not good enough to mess us about like he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I guess it's his perogative to wait till he has a better offer if he isn't convinced by the one offered by Tan.

It's also up to Tan if he thinks a 1 year contract is the most sensible thing he can offer.

The only thing is, there is nothing to stop Tan going to another manager in the meantime. In fact, there is nothing to stop Tan speaking to another manager beforehand. He could then say to Bulut. "Look. You've got a week to decide before I offer the job to Paul Ince" .

So ye. Ultimately, the problem is with the man at the top. It's a shoddily run enterprise.

Does this club attract an above average number of sociopathic/egotistical/incompetent owners. It sometimes feels that way.
    on the slim chance that Vincent Tan reads this message board - please don't give the job to Paul Ince

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I remember back in 2003 reading that the team that goes up via the Play Offs are at a disadvantage because there’s almost a month before they learn which division they’ll be in compared to everyone else and they therefore can’t start planning in earnest until they do. Well, Oxford can rest assured that there is one established Championship club that has put itself at a bigger disadvantage than them through a mixture of ineptitude and arrogance - we know from painful experience all about Vincent Tan already, but, in my opinion, Bulut’s not good enough to mess us about like he is.
    I think it's less important than usual because nearly the entire squad is under contract (Sawyers, Ojo had Zimba leaving is not going to alter any planning). It appears that all championship squads are now built around their 5 Premier League Loanees that come in late in the window. In terms of numbers (not quality) in the squad, we are only lacking at centre forward and centre back.

As always, the validity of stalling over Bulut depends on Plan B (if there is one).

Bulut has played the brinkmanship/media game from day 1. Another reason why I'm not a fan.

I can only blame the club (tan) here. This could have been sorted weeks ago one way or the other.

Either give the guy the contract he's after or go elsewhere and spin that lucky roulette wheel again. You can't leave it drag on this long.

New levels of incompetence being achieved all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I can only blame the club (tan) here. This could have been sorted weeks ago one way or the other.

Either give the guy the contract he's after or go elsewhere and spin that lucky roulette wheel again. You can't leave it drag on this long.

New levels of incompetence being achieved all the time.
    Bulut must believe his own hype, if he thinks he can play a waiting game, no doubt he’s agent has a list of top jobs that he is in the frame for.

In reality he’s lucky that he’s been offered another year here, after his anti football offering and pathetic performances in the last few games

I still think there’s better out there

We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes ......which is obviously part of the problem

But there you go

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I think it's less important than usual because nearly the entire squad is under contract (Sawyers, Ojo had Zimba leaving is not going to alter any planning). It appears that all championship squads are now built around their 5 Premier League Loanees that come in late in the window. In terms of numbers (not quality) in the squad, we are only lacking at centre forward and centre back.

As always, the validity of stalling over Bulut depends on Plan B (if there is one).

Bulut has played the brinkmanship/media game from day 1. Another reason why I'm not a fan.
    I actually agree with you fully.

Our team won't actually change much between now and the first game of the season.

I can't say I'm excited for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes
    Should we?

They may be already interviewing new candidates. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Bulut must believe his own hype, if he thinks he can play a waiting game, no doubt he’s agent has a list of top jobs that he is in the frame for.

In reality he’s lucky that he’s been offered another year here, after his anti football offering and pathetic performances in the last few games

I still think there’s better out there
    There's stacks and stacks who are better than Bulut, trouble is the large majority of them wouldn't want to work at a club that had someone like Vincent Tan as its owner.

There's stacks and stacks who are better than Bulut, trouble is the large majority of them wouldn't want to work at a club that had someone like Vincent Tan as its owner.
    Is he really that bad?

I mean he works in a arms length manner from the FAB reports.

Gives his verdict on some of the bigger decisions but as far as the football side goes, he's not very heavily involved apart from approving transfers.

We are in the same boat as many other clubs. Transfer fees for the next few years are a no-no.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    on the slim chance that Vincent Tan reads this message board - please don't give the job to Paul Ince
    Or JR's fave, Mad Mick!

International

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post

These five Premier League loans are a big thing these days they are the key, and that is really where Steve Cooper would be a big advantage, past connections with the players and clubs. Probably still too ambitious but if there was a tiny chance, they should be trying, especially if they can't agree with Bulut's demands.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Is he really that bad?

I mean he works in a arms length manner from the FAB reports.

Gives his verdict on some of the bigger decisions but as far as the football side goes, he's not very heavily involved apart from approving transfers.

We are in the same boat as many other clubs. Transfer fees for the next few years are a no-no.
    We had four different managers the season before last and then a fifth one came in a month later, there's only one man in a position to enable that sort of thing to happen.

International

It is a joke, no one knows how to negotiate and there is no forward planning. They should have been reviewing this at Christmas and have a list ready and sounding other potential Managers in March - April, then they really could say you've got a week to decide to take it or leave it, or if they'd found someone they liked said bye-bye.

I think the directors are in awe of Bulut to a certain extent and are probably still trying to put an offer to him that he will accept. Everything about this guy tells me he's a chancer, spent the last couple of months of the season openly using the media to publicise his demands for contract talks, players etc. Yes, we're not Coventry or any of the other well-run Championship clubs, but I don't think we would have problems attracting decent managers to the club..

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Should we?

They may be already interviewing new candidates. Who knows.
    I agree , it's a lovely day

There is another scenario that tan offered a deal and bulut went back with a counter offer and is waiting on tan to confirm or not - for me the bulut bashing is getting a bit tedious now and for me I don't care anymore who is in charge - the club is slowly sucking any enthusiasm I had left and this is from someone who didn't have to endure the football from December onwards as I couldn't go to games 🙄👍

If bulut is stalling then give a fecking ultimatum and move on - he's not the messiah

Message to the club for what it's worth - just fecking get it sorted