Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
Give that house a knock then Matt, you know the kitchen is decent
one of both my finest jobs and worse jobs

it was a solid oak kitchen ( even the units ) with lovely Oak worktops, it looked outstanding, real quality

BUT it also contained my worse moment in working life

Old Kitchen ripped out day 1, I start Day 2 and fit the base units, now the capped off water pipes are in the way of a unit, so I turn the water off, cut the pipes out of the way, think nothing more of it, get to the end of the day, my mate is picking me up for a boys bank holiday weekend away, he arrives at about 5.00 ( now thats working late on a Friday, normally 3.30 finish ) but I thought I would get more done, he pulls up, I go to my van to get 2 more end caps for the pipes, I have none, no drama, I can just use a olive from another compression fitting, I had none, mates getting itchy, we need to get away to catch the train, I phone around a few plumbers I knew, they are all in the pub so were not interested, I leave a note " Water still off, do not turn back on, see you Tuesday " and jumped in the car and left as we drove away I felt ashamed of myself, but got to Cardiff, got on the train and had a beer, all was forgotten

that was a low in my working life