+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New rule change for Euros

New rule change for Euros

Sorry if already posted, but only team captains will be allowed to approach referees to discuss decisions. Any other players approaching a ref will be booked.

Re: New rule change for Euros

Probably for the best. Although we may see less goalkeepers as captains given the potential distance they are from an incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Probably for the best. Although we may see less goalkeepers as captains given the potential distance they are from an incident.
    Agree with Transgender on this one.

Goalkeepers will be able to nominate an outfield player.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sorry if already posted, but only team captains will be allowed to approach referees to discuss decisions. Any other players approaching a ref will be booked.
    Cracking idea !

So what happens when 5 players start running towards the Ref - when does he get his card out for all of them ? - how far do the players have to be from the ref ? - 1,2,3,4 meters ? - how will the distance be measured ?
    What if the players ask a question - but from a distance ? - is that classes as approaching ?

Do you see what I'm getting at ? - I think it will be hard to uphold this rule and is easily open to dispute... we'll just have to see how it goes - I predict very badly

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    So what happens when 5 players start running towards the Ref - when does he get his card out for all of them ? - how far do the players have to be from the ref ? - 1,2,3,4 meters ? - how will the distance be measured ?
    What if the players ask a question - but from a distance ? - is that classes as approaching ?

Do you see what I'm getting at ? - I think it will be hard to uphold this rule and is easily open to dispute... we'll just have to see how it goes - I predict very badly
    A very firm referee with lots of yellows in the first game it could work, if not it could be chaos.

Great idea I think. There are some things rugby does better than football, and this is one of them

What if the ref approaches players? Does the ref have to stand still after making a decision....or move into a space on the pitch to allow captain(s) to approach? Fiddly.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If that was an auto correct I’m concerned about your browsing history.

If not then bravo well played

International

.....and that after most incidents the referee is running away from him.

Is that name change intended abuse or a very unfortunate autocorrection 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Is that name change intended abuse or a very unfortunate autocorrection 🤭
    Either way it's funny.😜

Good idea.

Brilliant idea, completely unenforceable I fear as mentioned above. And woe betide the first ref who ends up having to send somebody off because of a yellow given earlier for one of these decisions, the pundits who are always banging on about respect will be queuing up to crucify them for ruining a game.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post

Seems that laws that work very well in other sports are always difficult to implement in football. VAR works fine in other sports but complete ****fest in football. The idea that no one approaches the ref has worked fine in rugby for 100 years or more, yet you think it'll go badly in football. Think that sums up football.

The initiative to add extra time equivalent to the time actually lost lasted about 10 games I think. They haven't got the bottle to follow things through.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Brilliant idea, completely unenforceable I fear as mentioned above. And woe betide the first ref who ends up having to send somebody off because of a yellow given earlier for one of these decisions, the pundits who are always banging on about respect will be queuing up to crucify them for ruining a game.
    So true PSG v Barcelona was a great example of this. Pundits kept blaming the ref who had called all the big decisions perfectly