+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5pm press conference from the PM

Re: 5pm press conference from the PM

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I do have one. What's your point in response to the point I was making?
    This ‘good news’ you speak of.

I can't believe they cancelled The Chase for this meaningless shit.

Am surprised by today's news.

The reality is that the last four years have been very difficult economically. Nearly all of that has not been caused by the govt, although of course an argument can be made they made it worse or whatever, but the reality is that the news this year is, and will be, better than has been the case.

I'm surprised they aren't waiting til early autumn for more of that to feed through, whilst still benefitting from any general feel good factor that summer brings.
    Ladies and Gentlemen

This was a party political broadcast by the conservatives

Presented by the chairman of Cardiff Young Conservatives

That's why it's so laughable and full of excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I hope so. We want something to believe in.
    So people will vote for one thing.

And then get a Government that does things they may not want?

Just been looking on You Tube, Sunak’s announcement is getting some awful reviews even from the likes of the Spectator with the general consensus being that the whole thing was a farce - as Andrew Neil pointed out, this Government spent a lot of money building a room in Downing Street/Whitehall designed specifically for such occasions, why not have the announcement made from there given the weather forecast (he wouldn’t have been audibly drowned out by a Labour campaign song then) or, at the very least provide an umbrella for him?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just been looking on You Tube, Sunak’s announcement is getting some awful reviews even from the likes of the Spectator with the general consensus being that the whole thing was a farce - as Andrew Neil pointed out, this Government spent a lot of money building a room in Downing Street/Whitehall designed specifically for such occasions, why not have the announcement made from there given the weather forecast (he wouldn’t have been audibly drowned out by a Labour campaign song then) or, at the very least provide an umbrella for him?
    He's hopeless

The tory equivalent of Ed milliband

Totally inept

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He looks cowardly then. Him and his team would have agonised over this exact point. It did almost look like he wanted to get out and back in the door as quickly as possible.

Am surprised by today's news.

The reality is that the last four years have been very difficult economically. Nearly all of that has not been caused by the govt, although of course an argument can be made they made it worse or whatever, but the reality is that the news this year is, and will be, better than has been the case.

I'm surprised they aren't waiting til early autumn for more of that to feed through, whilst still benefitting from any general feel good factor that summer brings.
    I thought they would go in May before the migrant route started up with good weather, maybe they were banking on rwanda being blocked by the lords but this looks like one of two things now:

- They aren't confident Rwanda will work as a deterrent and want to fight the election without it being in place, essentially a 'get flights done' platform.

- Rishi was pushed into it by letters going in

May also might have improved their council results as people are more likely to leave their houses to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I thought they would go in May before the migrant route started up with good weather, maybe they were banking on rwanda being blocked by the lords but this looks like one of two things now:

- They aren't confident Rwanda will work as a deterrent and want to fight the election without it being in place, essentially a 'get flights done' platform.

- Rishi was pushed into it by letters going in

May also might have improved their council results as people are more likely to leave their houses to vote.
    I actually think he believes 'things' will actually get worse in the coming months. Immigration now 680,000 pa, interest rates probably going back up, Rwanda plan failing, and - mistakenly - believing that Farage would join Reform and this would leave them ill-prepared. He's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I actually think he believes 'things' will actually get worse in the coming months. Immigration now 680,000 pa, interest rates probably going back up, Rwanda plan failing, and - mistakenly - believing that Farage would join Reform and this would leave them ill-prepared. He's toast.
    Sunak is toast ?

Or Farage

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's hopeless

The tory equivalent of Ed milliband

Totally inept
    The role he is playing requires him to look inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The role he is playing requires him to look inept.
    So going out and getting soaked to the skin was all part of some master plan? By who and why?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sunak is toast ?

Or Farage
    Sunak ! He's kippered as well. With egg on his face.

The Football Governance Bill is on hold now
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...neral-election

Doesn’t matter who wins, I can’t see any good coming to our shores…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    https://x.com/UnityNewsNet/status/1793350598596636854

Regime mouthpiece Maitlis:

"Choose between Davos, or Westminster?"

Regime chosen boy Starmer:

"Davos"

Could there be a leadership challenge to Sunak?
    Letters sent to the 1922 committee?
    They have till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Could there be a leadership challenge to Sunak?
    Letters sent to the 1922 committee?
    They have till next week.
    That would be hilarious.

Tory leadership contests (if multi candidates) take about 6 weeks.

We could watch an internal Tory bloodbath whilst they are pretending to election campaign - with the result announced just after the 4 July - when there is a good chance whoever won would have lost their seat and become ineligible to be Tory leader.

That would take farce to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

"Davos"
    I not got a clue what that’s about either, jeez this site will be a right off for the next 6 weeks, let’s hope none of the mumbo jumbo infects the football only board so we can have some relief from it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Correct answer

Day 1

https://bylinetimes.com/2024/05/23/r...rdinary-voter/

Those guys couldn't look less like they belong there if they tried. Must have been getting 'who the feck are these two' looks throughout from the actual staff (assuming they aren't all plants)

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

"Davos"
    Is he saying he prefers technocracy/authoritarianism over democracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Day 1

https://bylinetimes.com/2024/05/23/r...rdinary-voter/

Those guys couldn't look less like they belong there if they tried. Must have been getting 'who the feck are these two' looks throughout from the actual staff (assuming they aren't all plants)
    Sleazy tory gits

Anyone else think that Farage isn't standing because he knows he won't win a seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Anyone else think that Farage isn't standing because he knows he won't win a seat?
    Apparently the reform uk party can take loads of votes off the conservatives , hand seats to Labour and the liberals yet still fail to win a single seat

That's great