+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Kompany

Vincent Kompany

Close to joining Bayern Munich apparently, Craig Bellamy would be going with him as well, if it happens. Looks like a great opportunity for our would be prodigal son.

Re: Vincent Kompany

We missed a trick with bellers for sure, I know he was a bit marmite but he takes no prisoners…..at least we have the visionary vincent still eh

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Close to joining Bayern Munich apparently, Craig Bellamy would be going with him as well, if it happens. Looks like a great opportunity for our would be prodigal son.
    The other site is stating that Burnley want Bellers to remain there as Manager if Kompany leaves.

I like him he is brilliant as a pundit seems to have great knowledge, understanding and attitude, I'm not sure Management is his best option, I think he'd be happier as a top number two, not everyone is cut out for Management.

This whole thing amazes me. Burnley were dreadful this season. Worse than Luton. Feeble and very tactically naive. And yet Bayern apparently want Kompany and people are still singing Bellamy's praises?

It's a funny old game...

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We missed a trick with bellers for sure, I know he was a bit marmite but he takes no prisoners…..at least we have the visionary vincent still eh
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bu...n-munich-move/

https://talksport.com/football/18923...mpany-burnley/

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This whole thing amazes me. Burnley were dreadful this season. Worse than Luton. Feeble and very tactically naive. And yet Bayern apparently want Kompany and people are still singing Bellamy's praises?

It's a funny old game...
    Agreed, what has he done as a Manager?

The biggest team in Germany want the biggest or almost flop in the Premier League?

If he does lose Bellamy, that could weaken him further, as they seem a tight team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

It's a funny old game...
    Man Utd appointed Solskjaer after a glittering career with us.

so Sean Dyche gets Burnley into Europe and ends up at Everton, while Kompany gets them relegated and is wanted by Bayern Munich?

International

Kieran McKenna has done well, but first Brighton now Chelsea, has he been tested with top-level players?

Win or almost win the Championship and the Worlds your Lobster!

Bayern Munich, the biggest and most successful team in Germany want a bloke that just got a team relegated from the PL after one season to be their new manager? WTF?

I don't think it's that strange. The Bayern hierarchy want their team to play a certain way, and Kompany is a manager that fits that mold. They've obviously realised that it could work for them as they have the players to play that way, unlike Burnley.

Of course, you could argue Kompany should have realised that and been more pragmatic, but philosophy and ideals are obviously more prominent in the modern game. If he ends up at Bayern, he'll have been proved right.

Bear in mind, too, that Bayern have already been turned down by their first three choices, and they only hire German-speaking managers. That limits their pool somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Man Utd appointed Solskjaer after a glittering career with us.
    After a period of therapy and counselling and his jabs were up to date

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Kieran McKenna has done well, but first Brighton now Chelsea, has he been tested with top-level players?

Win or almost win the Championship and the Worlds your Lobster!
    Not for malky or Warnock it wasn't - we're cursed I tell ya

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I don't think it's that strange. The Bayern hierarchy want their team to play a certain way, and Kompany is a manager that fits that mold. They've obviously realised that it could work for them as they have the players to play that way, unlike Burnley.

Of course, you could argue Kompany should have realised that and been more pragmatic, but philosophy and ideals are obviously more prominent in the modern game. If he ends up at Bayern, he'll have been proved right.

Bear in mind, too, that Bayern have already been turned down by their first three choices, and they only hire German-speaking managers. That limits their pool somewhat.
    I'd forgotten that he was at Hamburg.

I just saw Bellers in Tesco. If Walesonline or other websites want to knock this into idle, fictitious speculation then please feel free. I didn't speak to him which means he didn't deny he was about to take up the reins at City after the board withdraw Bulut's contract offer sometime before Christmas.

Re Burnley….as the saying goes…’you can’t make chicken soup from chicken shit’.
    I think Pep would have struggled to keep them in the premiership this season……imo.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Re Burnley….as the saying goes…’you can’t make chicken soup from chicken shit’.
    I think Pep would have struggled to keep them in the premiership this season……imo.
    That’s assuming Pep would have signed the players Kompany signed. Which is doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I just saw Bellers in Tesco. If Walesonline or other websites want to knock this into idle, fictitious speculation then please feel free. I didn't speak to him which means he didn't deny he was about to take up the reins at City after the board withdraw Bulut's contract offer sometime before Christmas.
    thats defiantly breaking news

CCMB always first with the news, we simple are the best

Perhaps Bulut has had conversations there and that has been the delay. A return home may be on his mind.

Yeah, I wouldn't write him off until I saw how he did with a better group of players.

Was going to say something similar. Ironically there’s now quite a lot of anger at Burnley that he wasn’t more pragmatic last year, spent a bunch of money on young players and got them relegated, and now it looks like he’s done it as some sort of year long job interview in which he falls into one of the biggest jobs in world football.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Was going to say something similar. Ironically there’s now quite a lot of anger at Burnley that he wasn’t more pragmatic last year, spent a bunch of money on young players and got them relegated, and now it looks like he’s done it as some sort of year long job interview in which he falls into one of the biggest jobs in world football.
    I don't think a player of his stature was planning to spend the rest of his life at a club like Burnley. He got them promoted, and now they're coming back down again like most newly promoted teams do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    so Sean Dyche gets Burnley into Europe and ends up at Everton, while Kompany gets them relegated and is wanted by Bayern Munich?
    That's coz Dyche is a bell

...I think he also got Brnly relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't write him off until I saw how he did with a better group of players.
    Using this logic should every lower level manager have a crack at a top four club?

Maybe managers should start off at the top and work their way down instead

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Using this logic should every lower level manager have a crack at a top four club?

Maybe managers should start off at the top and work their way down instead
    It's said about players as well. I'm ****ed if i get the logic. I'm an average every day plasterer, by the logic used i should be carrying out ceiling repairs on the Sistine Chapel. (I don't think)