+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football regulator

Football regulator

Looks like the legislation to introduce a football regulator will not happen due to the election as it won't go through in time as part of the "mopping up" process before parliament ceases

Re: Football regulator

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Looks like the legislation to introduce a football regulator will not happen due to the election as it won't go through in time as part of the "mopping up" process before parliament ceases
    I read yesterday that both of the main parties have committed to continuing with the football regulator legislation if they win the Election - it's not clear if that's a bona fide commitment on the Labour party's part or a Keir Starmer one mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I read yesterday that both of the main parties have committed to continuing with the football regulator legislation if they win the Election - it's not clear if that's a bona fide commitment on the Labour party's part or a Keir Starmer one mind.
    Yes saw that it had cross party support - I suppose it depends on what other priorities the incoming government have in front of them as to where this sits as priority - it was clear how near to the finish line it was??

It was increasingly looking like it would be completely toothless anyway. Lots of implicit agreement and head nodding that nobody would do anything that threatens the Prem as the most successful (i.e. most £££££) football league in the world or whatever the bollocks they came out with was.