+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

I see Rooney has been offered a job in the Championship rumoured to be Plymouth. Hopefully the rumours are accurate meaning such a daft appointment has escaped us thankfully. But stranger things have happened so let's hope it's not Bulut out and Rooney in.

i Seriously it seems to me that Bulut is not signing his contract offer in the hope something better will turn up. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I see Rooney has been offered a job in the Championship rumoured to be Plymouth. Hopefully the rumours are accurate meaning such a daft appointment has escaped us thankfully. But stranger things have happened so let's hope it's not Bulut out and Rooney in.

i Seriously it seems to me that Bulut is not signing his contract offer in the hope something better will turn up. It's as simple as that.
    Probably indicative of how desperate the club is to get him to stay. I would be surprised if he or his agent aren't delaying the decision for as long as possible for other offers to come in. As it stands, if he turns City down he's out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Think i'd take Rooney over Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Oooooooooooo, suits you sir !!!!!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Probably indicative of how desperate the club is to get him to stay. I would be surprised if he or his agent aren't delaying the decision for as long as possible for other offers to come in. As it stands, if he turns City down he's out of a job.
    The deal can't be completed or it would have been announced and recruitment started today, it's getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Pardon?

His record is ...
    Derby ... ... ... 85 .. 24 .. 22 .. 39
    DC United ... 53 ..14 .. 14 .. 25
    Birm'hm . ... 15 .. 2 .. 4 .. 9
    Total ... ... ...153 .. 40 ... 40 ... 73

That's 160 pts out of 459 pts; a 24% pts return.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Pardon?

His record is ...
    Derby ... ... ... 85 .. 24 .. 22 .. 39
    DC United ... 53 ..14 .. 14 .. 25
    Birm'hm . ... 15 .. 2 .. 4 .. 9
    Total ... ... ...153 .. 40 ... 40 ... 73

That's 160 pts out of 459 pts; a 24% pts return.

StT.
    <><
    Aye there's nowt as queer as folk

If anyone's planning to head up Leckwith Rd today could they let us know if the CCS is still there. I have a feeling it's been abducted by aliens...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If anyone's planning to head up Leckwith Rd today could they let us know if the CCS is still there. I have a feeling it's been abducted by aliens...
    I blame the clotshots.

I think they forgot.

I guess with pre season a month and a half away they need not worry too much yet.

It will all be sorted at some point I'm sure, they will get to it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In that case, why hasn’t it been announced officially? You’d like to think that the club are aware that it would be in their best interests to get any news confirming Bulut was staying or going into the public domain as quickly as possible - just about the only thing I agree with Wales Online about when it comes to Erol Bulut is that the situation has now become farcical.
    All ITK intel is now suggesting that it's Bulut who has been holding out for better terms (and budget). You can't blame him.

Whether or not we believe that Bulut is the man for the job, when offering a manager the position you must show faith in him and be specific with what is his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Apparently, it’s a regional derogatory Australian term for football. I Googled it earlier, as like you I’d never heard the phrase before reading it in this thread.
    Indeed. Australian wog = non-Anglo immigrant. Football (their soccer of course) was mostly played by these groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think they forgot.

I guess with pre season a month and a half away they need not worry too much yet.

It will all be sorted at some point I'm sure, they will get to it in time.
    We have a very large squad, all under contract for next season. The early transfer market is only for big spenders (this includes wages for the best free agents). We are certainly not going to be in the latter category.

Everyone, players and staff are away on holiday. This is why the club and Bulut are quite happy for things to take their time.

The longer the silence goes on the more likely Bulut is staying.

More than 3 weeks since the season ended. Less than 3 weeks before the transfer window opens.

I dont know why some people think that it's Bulut holding things up or delaying things ? He isn't in a position to do that, is he ? They offer him a contract and he says "yes" or "no" or "change this bit". It's then up to the club improve the contract offer or not, isn't it ? If I'm looking for a job and someone offers me a contract I don't like I can at best say "I'll let you know next week". I would do so knowing that in the meantime I might lose the opportunity altogether.

If it turns out that Bulut is the only candidate they are interested in , then they should probably looks for the means to extend his contract and increase the budget. Still , Buluts perfectly within his rights to ask for these things.

Paul Abbo(what's his name) reckons deals done, just waiting final sign off. If this is accurate we should hear next day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Paul Abbo(what's his name) reckons deals done, just waiting final sign off. If this is accurate we should hear next day or so.
    Rejoice!

The club have been able to persuade the man who oversaw Cardiff 0 Leeds 3, Cardiff 0 Sunderland 2, Swansea 2 Cardiff 0 and Rotherham 5 Cardiff 2 to stay!

Rejoice!

The club have been able to persuade the man who oversaw Cardiff 0 Leeds 3, Cardiff 0 Sunderland 2, Swansea 2 Cardiff 0 and Rotherham 5 Cardiff 2 to stay!
    My sentiments exactly, I hope the club have included plenty of clauses in his contract, that mean they can let him go without having to pay him for a couple of years if we’re in the bottom six at Christmas.

Wintle extension on his contract FFS🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Rejoice!

To be fair if you're just picking out results he had some good wins too.

I think we can all agree the football wasn't great and at this stage I don't even care if Vincent announces himself as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    My sentiments exactly, I hope the club have included plenty of clauses in his contract, that mean they can let him go without having to pay him for a couple of years if we’re in the bottom six at Christmas.

Wintle extension on his contract FFS��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️
    For me, the worry is that with a 2nd season completed he will have encumbered the club with even more 'Bulut style' players to the squad. Oh happy days...

To be fair if you're just picking out results he had some good wins too.

I think we can all agree the football wasn't great and at this stage I don't even care if Vincent announces himself as manager.
    Point taken, but I would maintain that for every three games that could be compared to the four I mentioned, there was one Ipswich, Southampton or Swansea at home.

I hope he doesn't take the job as it would be nice to have a different manager to have a go at next year rather the same one again - variety and all that as we have been spoiled by the volume of managers since we were relegated 👍

To be fair if you're just picking out results he had some lucky wins too.
    Fixed for you.

I'm resigned to another season (or at least another few months) of Bulut's swashbuckling brand of football and have been since he scraped that ridiculous win against Southampton.

I guess there'a a possibility that he and his team will serve up more entertainment next season, but it seems highly unlikely based on everything we saw in 2023/24. It would take a major change in his managerial philosophy and I just can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I hope he doesn't take the job as it would be nice to have a different manager to have a go at next year rather the same one again - variety and all that as we have been spoiled by the volume of managers since we were relegated ��
    Do you genuinely want another season like 2023/24? If so, why? What did you see that made you enthusiastic?