+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gove joins the chicken run.

Gove joins the chicken run.

Another high profile Conservative not willing to let themselves be judged by the public.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv22pk09478o

Re: Gove joins the chicken run.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another high profile Conservative not willing to let themselves be judged by the public.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv22pk09478o
    When the going gets tough the Tories get going. I said it first.

Regarding all the sitting MPs resigning right now (and from whatever party they belong to), how much time will there be between their replacements in the constituencies being announced and July 4th?

It all seems rather Bulutesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Regarding all the sitting MPs resigning right now (and from whatever party they belong to), how much time will there be between their replacements in the constituencies being announced and July 4th?

They will just put a donkey in a suit on stage

I think it's caught a lot of guard. Which I guess benefits the governing party to an extent but I think it will lead to a more chaotic (and gaffe prone / interesting?) campaign.

For example, apparently the "bionic MP," who got a lovely standing ovation in the house last week was planning to stand again, assuming it would be in a few months time, but this one is too soon for his recovery and so is standing down.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...ee9py119go.amp

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think it's caught a lot of guard. Which I guess benefits the governing party to an extent but I think it will lead to a more chaotic (and gaffe prone / interesting?) campaign.

For example, apparently the "bionic MP," who got a lovely standing ovation in the house last week was planning to stand again, assuming it would be in a few months time, but this one is too soon for his recovery and so is standing down.

The governing party, as you put it, will be more disadvantaged (and for obvious reasons) regarding replacement candidates preparing theor campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Yes definitely. I'm surprised more MPs don't suddenly resign a few weeks before a general election, it's a really solid tactic.

The governing party, as you put it, will be more disadvantaged (and for obvious reasons) regarding replacement candidates preparing theor campaigns.
    I'm sure they've got 80+ great candidates ready to go.

But they have had several weeks to prepare the groundwork...in theory at least.

Known within the party as a left leaning social fella . He pushed the levelling up , attacked the landlords and leasholding legislation, reversed the justice ruling that banned prisoners having books .
    Only 56 ?.

Extremely intelligent individual.

Can't help being gorky.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Known within the party as a left leaning social fella . He pushed the levelling up , attacked the landlords and leasholding legislation, reversed the justice ruling that banned prisoners having books .
    Only 56 ?.

Extremely intelligent individual.

Can't help being gorky.
    Best park that thought.