+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Bundesliga 2

Re: Bundesliga 2

Leverkusen 1 up against 1 FCK in the German cup final. Xhaka the scorer. Leverkusen down to 10 men. Can't find it on TV anywhere.

International

They won. 0 - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Leverkusen 1 up against 1 FCK in the German cup final. Xhaka the scorer. Leverkusen down to 10 men. Can't find it on TV anywhere.
    It was on German terrestrial telly (Das Erste) if you were able to use some online jiggery pokery. (Sorry, didn't see your post until now otherwise I would've mentioned it earlier). The red card made it a bit more intriguing but Leverkusen saw it out well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Free Kling Klang studio tour for Swiss Peter.

No I don't think I've heard a football reference in their lyrics but appearances can be deceptive. Pretty sure they love their cycling judging by the remixes and updated versions they've done of Tour de France.

I saw them (or what's left of them) a few years ago in Bristol, really entertaining show complete with 3D glasses and retro computers flying overhead.
    Kling Klang is still there. I looked it up! Along with Conny Plank's converted pig farm on the southern outskirts of Cologne, and Schloss Nörvenich, where Can recorded their early albums, these are almost mythical shrines of my Krautrock loving teenage years and 20s .

Anyway...

The return leg is on the main sky sports channels tonight, though Bochum are surely doomed already.

The return leg is on the main sky sports channels tonight, though Bochum are surely doomed already.[/QUOTE]

and now it's 0-3 to Bochum in the return. This could be some last 20 plus minutes!.

FT: 0-3 (3-3 on agg)

Game going to extra time

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    FT: 0-3 (3-3 on agg)

Game going to extra time
    Bloody hell

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Bloody hell
    Pens prob. Such a shit way to decide something as big as this.

Pens prob. Such a shit way to decide something as big as this.
    I agree, but over two legs especially seems fair enough.

I just find it bizarre they never replicate our play off system.

Bochum won on pens.

Dusseldorf will be beyond gutted. A home game with a 3-0 advantage..

It means another big club in a big ground with big attendances in 2.Bundesliga next season.

I just find it bizarre they never replicate our play off system.
    Agreed. All that effort (and, tonight, drama) just to keep everything as it was. Send three down and have the play-offs for 3rd-6th.

I see it’s been confirmed that the St Pauli head coach is the new Brighton manager at the age of 31.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see it’s been confirmed that the St Pauli head coach is the new Brighton manager at the age of 31.
    Youngest ever Premier League manager? Be interesting to see how he gets on. As for St. Pauli, one or two of their key players are rumoured to be on their way too. Could be tough for them competing at the higher lever next season.

Youngest ever Premier League manager? Be interesting to see how he gets on. As for St. Pauli, one or two of their key players are rumoured to be on their way too. Could be tough for them competing at the higher lever next season.
    I can't think of a younger one, shame that about St. Pauli - they were being linked with that Motherwell striker we were supposed to be after, I suppose they'd be a more attractive proposition than us currently.

I think I would be a bit miffed as a St Pauli fan, or even a German football fan generally to see such a young successful manager leave for Brighton. I know Brighton have done well recently and no doubt offer a bigger salary and wage but it's a shame when managers who win promotion don't finish the job to keep them up. And St Pauli on paper could be every bit as big s club as Brighton, if not bigger.

I think I would be a bit miffed as a St Pauli fan, or even a German football fan generally to see such a young successful manager leave for Brighton. I know Brighton have done well recently and no doubt offer a bigger salary and wage but it's a shame when managers who win promotion don't finish the job to keep them up. And St Pauli on paper could be every bit as big s club as Brighton, if not bigger.
    Not sure.

St Pauli went straight down again after one season when promoted 13 odd years ago. Even given a general anti outside investment sentiment across German football, they are a club famous for doing things a bit differently, and they walk a tightrope between preserving the principles and values of the club/fans and exploiting opportunities for revenue generation and growing the club. Hard for them to compete - even against a Premier league club the size of Brighton. From what I've read the fans were pissed off but resigned to losing Hürzeler .