+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Bus - I'm furious !!

Cardiff Bus - I'm furious !!

Absolutely seething with a Cardiff Bus driver today, so much so that I've emailed them a lengthy complaint.

I was refused access to a bus because my pensioner's pass had expired 5 days ago. I told him even before I showed him my pass that I am waiting for a replacement in the post. He had the audacity to say I should have sorted it earlier. I told him that my replacement application was returned the same day I received notification so there was no way I could have speeded up the process. But the bast**d wouldn't budge.

He even said the picture had faded, so I said what do you expect with a pass that was many years old.

There are some brilliant bus drivers but some right ar*eholes too. He certainly falls into the latter category.

Re: Cardiff Bus - I'm furious !!

Your old one should have worked, I used mine until my new one arrived, so did the Mrs

Never use Cardiff, horrible company, usually bad tempered and rude drivers and half owned by Cardiff Council, which is probably where the general company attitude comes from

Can he get in trouble for letting you on with an expired pass?

People are so "me me me" they fail to see the bigger picture and the other people involved.

You aren't seething with Cardiff Bus, you are angry with yourself for not sorting this in time and taking it out on a man doing his job.

I don't even know where mine is, so I just pay my way like everyone else.

He probably could have let you on if he really wanted to but he is probably playing it by the rules to not let you on.

Not worth wasting your time getting upset about really mate, just pay the few quid and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

People are so "me me me" they fail to see the bigger picture and the other people involved.

You aren't seething with Cardiff Bus, you are angry with yourself for not sorting this in time and taking it out on a man doing his job.
    Comprehension doesn't appear to be your forte does it ?

Before making such crass and uneducated comments read what I said again regarding my application. The procedure is that once you have received written notification that a new card is required, you have to sign for a replacement, which I did on the same day. So there was no delay in me 'sorting it out'. In the letter it also says that the old card would work until I receive the new card, but it doesn't. All the drivers with the exception of this numpty have understood this.

So no, I am most definitely not angry with myself as I actioned the request without delay, but I am still seething about the attitude of this jobsworth.

He probably should have handled the conversation better .

You are by far one of the oddest posters on here. Do you actually think about anything before you post?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He probably should have handled the conversation better .
    That's putting it mildly. He was quite aggressive and intransigent, not what you want from your friendly bus driver.

Thinking about it logically, did he think I'd nicked it or was using it illegally ? I'm quite obviously over 60 and he could see that the card expired 5 days ago. He must know that there are always delays between a card expiring and the activation of a replacement. Nah, he's just a horrible guy.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You are by far one of the oddest posters on here. Do you actually think about anything before you post?
    Spot on William.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    That's putting it mildly. He was quite aggressive and intransigent, not what you want from your friendly bus driver.

Thinking about it logically, did he think I'd nicked it or was using it illegally ? I'm quite obviously over 60 and he could see that the card expired 5 days ago. He must know that there are always delays between a card expiring and the activation of a replacement. Nah, he's just a horrible guy.
    Hopefully you got his name . Good luck with your complaint.
    Here's hoping you get free bus travel for the rest of long life.. that will teach em

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Never use Cardiff, horrible company, usually bad tempered and rude drivers and half owned by Cardiff Council, which is probably where the general company attitude comes from
    I use Cardiff Buses almost every day. My experience is very different to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I use Cardiff Buses almost every day. My experience is very different to yours.
    I would say that the vast majority of Cardiff Bus drivers are decent people but in all walks of life there are exceptions to the norm. And this guy was most certainly that.

Some are really witty too. Last week I was about 60 yards from the bus stop at Morrisons on Newport Road when a 45 pulled in. I ran as fast as I could and stopped 10 yards from the bus stop when I could see that the driver was not going to pull out. His first words to me when I got on the bus was "Damn, I was hoping you were going to run all the way" Priceless !

Absolutely seething with a Cardiff Bus driver today, so much so that I've emailed them a lengthy complaint.

I was refused access to a bus because my pensioner's pass had expired 5 days ago. I told him even before I showed him my pass that I am waiting for a replacement in the post. He had the audacity to say I should have sorted it earlier. I told him that my replacement application was returned the same day I received notification so there was no way I could have speeded up the process. But the bast**d wouldn't budge.

He even said the picture had faded, so I said what do you expect with a pass that was many years old.

There are some brilliant bus drivers but some right ar*eholes too. He certainly falls into the latter category.
    Went over to Weston last weekend, used the open top tour bus 2 times, me and Doris flashed the bus pass to the driver, and asked can we use this, both times the Driver laughed and said that's fine. Over in England they don't get the pass until 66.

Yeh me too. In fact I refuse to use my tesco club card as I prefer to pay the non clubcard price, like people without a club card.

Why ever would I want to get something cheaper ?

Edit - I hate it when my sarcastic reply to B Oddies post, wasn't on reply to post.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I use them everyday,always polite,have you ever though it could be your atitude?

It's going to be a long off season if posts like this is what we have to look forward to.

297.jpg

Comprehension doesn't appear to be your forte does it ?

Before making such crass and uneducated comments read what I said again regarding my application. The procedure is that once you have received written notification that a new card is required, you have to sign for a replacement, which I did on the same day. So there was no delay in me 'sorting it out'. In the letter it also says that the old card would work until I receive the new card, but it doesn't. All the drivers with the exception of this numpty have understood this.

So no, I am most definitely not angry with myself as I actioned the request without delay, but I am still seething about the attitude of this jobsworth.
    I did read your post, and FWIW I think anyone that is clearly over the age shouldn't need an in date card to travel.

BUT rules are there for a reason. Maybe this fella was a little more lax in the past and had gotten a warning for it, so no plays by the rules, we have no idea.

The work I do requires competence cards, you scan them and all the relevant jobs you are trained to undertake are on there with dates of expiry. A nice fella up in Shrewsbury lost his tickets because he let a fella he knows on track to do some work, his competence has lapsed but he was on a course in the next few days. An incident occurred that shift on another job within the same worksite, all men were brought off and a part of the process is to check cards, this fella has his card scanned and it shows he is out of date, questions raised how he even got on track etc and the fella that let him on ends up losing his job. Rules are there for a reason

You can call me all the names you like, all you had to do was have the dates written down and do it on time.

I know I have 3 points expiring on May 27th, because I have a note of it.
    I know when my final car payment is due, because I have a note of it.

Pays to be organised.

The jobsworth, as you refer to him, probably has a family to feed and needs his job, and guessing by your reaction he made the right choice in not letting you on. Imagine sending an email, threatening his job security over something g so trivial, you ought to be ashamed.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Yeh me too. In fact I refuse to use my tesco club card as I prefer to pay the non clubcard price, like people without a club card.

Why ever would I want to get something cheaper ?

Edit - I hate it when my sarcastic reply to B Oddies post, wasn't on reply to post.
    I never use mine, I haven't seen it for about 5 years, but even if I had it in date,it wouldn't be any use to me. I can't remember where the bus stops are in town. Someone keeps moving them.

The best thing for you to do to get the issue resolved is to put it on a football fans forum.

I did read your post, and FWIW I think anyone that is clearly over the age shouldn't need an in date card to travel.

BUT rules are there for a reason. Maybe this fella was a little more lax in the past and had gotten a warning for it, so no plays by the rules, we have no idea.

The work I do requires competence cards, you scan them and all the relevant jobs you are trained to undertake are on there with dates of expiry. A nice fella up in Shrewsbury lost his tickets because he let a fella he knows on track to do some work, his competence has lapsed but he was on a course in the next few days. An incident occurred that shift on another job within the same worksite, all men were brought off and a part of the process is to check cards, this fella has his card scanned and it shows he is out of date, questions raised how he even got on track etc and the fella that let him on ends up losing his job. Rules are there for a reason

You can call me all the names you like, all you had to do was have the dates written down and do it on time.

I know I have 3 points expiring on May 27th, because I have a note of it.
    I know when my final car payment is due, because I have a note of it.

Pays to be organised.

The jobsworth, as you refer to him, probably has a family to feed and needs his job, and guessing by your reaction he made the right choice in not letting you on. Imagine sending an email, threatening his job security over something g so trivial, you ought to be ashamed.
    Let's get a few facts rights before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. When a card is replaced THEY notify you, with the fail safe being that your old card will work until they supply a replacement. Got it ? No gold standard organisational skills required.

Most drivers are fully aware that when cards are due to be replaced, these anomalies can arise. I've been on about 12 buses this week and without fail the drivers nodded in understanding when I explained that I'm waiting for my new card to arrive in the post.

The driver's attitude was hostile from the off, which was even more galling because I'm a very polite person. Being a jobsworth yourself I'm not surprised you would have have refused to let me on the bus. As for me being ashamed that I've threatened his job security, are you taking the p*ss ? The guy showed me no compassion and humiliated me in front of other passengers. Just get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It's going to be a long off season if posts like this is what we have to look forward to.

297.jpg
    Only 77 days until the gates to hell reopen

Maybe it was the driver I complained about a few weeks ago, and he's decided to have zero customer liaison skills since.
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe it was the driver I complained about a few weeks ago, and he's decided to have zero customer liaison skills since.
    Sorry.
    'My' driver today was up there with one I came across about 15 years ago. The bus was a 45 and in those days it went to the end of Greenway Road and turned up Wentloog Road. However in this instance it went from Greenway straight down New Road. A young girl who wanted to get off on Wentloog Road mentioned it to him when she got off, telling the driver he was using the route taken by a 44 not a 45. He got all aggressive, telling her it wasn't a 45 (which it was) and to get her eyes tested the next time she got on a bus. A real charmer.