+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: Leeds 0 - 1 Southampton. Play off final

FT: Leeds 0 - 1 Southampton. Play off final

Best outcome? Obviously Leeds falling apart would be hilarious but what about the wider implication for The Championship next season.

Leeds will hog the attention if they stay down but can they afford to keep the level of player they have now?

Re: Leeds v Southampton. Play off final

Both would most likely be title favourites next season, so don't think this really has any implications for the league regardless of who goes up.

Southampton win so we can all laugh at Leeds.

Russell Martin tears > Leeds tears. Just.

Plus from the Welsh perspective a few internationals who may get some more PL experience.

Definitely a Leeds defeat. Rylan will get sacked a few months into the season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Both would most likely be title favourites next season, so don't think this really has any implications for the league regardless of who goes up.

Southampton win so we can all laugh at Leeds.
    Don’t think todays losers will be title favourites next season, with the 3 coming down involved.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t think today’s losers will be title favourites next season, with the 3 coming down involved.
    They’ll certainly be a shorter price than Sheffield United. The bookies currently have the Blades finishing 6th, but that’ll drop to 7th after today.

Burnley are favourites at present, but I suspect their price will fluctuate according to who they appoint as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Best outcome? Obviously Leeds falling apart would be hilarious but what about the wider implication for The Championship next season.

Leeds will hog the attention if they stay down but can they afford to keep the level of player they have now?
    Don’t they owe a ridiculous amount in transfer fees? Basically a huge gamble on going up…..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Definitely a Leeds defeat. Rylan will get sacked a few months into the season anyway.
    I'll go for this too ^^^

If Leeds go up Rodon probably makes his loan permanent, so that's 3 Welsh players in the Premier League next season, and possibly Roberts too?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Leeds will have to sell their best players if they don't go up, maybe Southampton too. If Leeds do go up I would expect to see further investment from the 49ers, and they are already talking about a 60k seater stadium redevelopment.

Ampadu, Brooks & Rodon starting, James & Roberts on the bench.

First Team

Goes against the grain but I would be happy to see Leeds go up.
    Southampton is a relatively short trip for me and generally hassle free.
    Leeds on the other hand is a bit of a journey and can be unpleasant.

It would normally be a no brainer but Martin and Sunak has made this more difficult today. My gut will tell me when it starts I guess.

Leeds booing Rick Parry...what's that about?

I don't tend to follow other clubs to know what their grief might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It would normally be a no brainer but Martin and Sunak has made this more difficult today. My gut will tell me when it starts I guess.
    Oh feck is Sunak a Southampton fan?

Youve ruined it for me now.!!!!

Nah Leeds losing would still better.

Id still want Leeds to lose even if Rodon and Roberts in the opposition.

Leeds win.

Soton is the easier away game for me plus I’d love to see Martin’s smug face if they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    They’ll certainly be a shorter price than Sheffield United. The bookies currently have the Blades finishing 6th, but that’ll drop to 7th after today.

Burnley are favourites at present, but I suspect their price will fluctuate according to who they appoint as manager.
    I’m surprised that Sheff Utd are 6th favourites next season, but it I suppose it depends what changes happen to their squad. I know they were pathetic last season, but even with the same squad, I’d expect them to get promoted again, as the gulf now between the Premier League and Championship seems to be getting bigger. Out of interest, where are we predicted to finish next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m surprised that Sheff Utd are 6th favourites next season, but it I suppose it depends what changes happen to their squad. I know they were pathetic last season, but even with the same squad, I’d expect them to get promoted again, as the gulf now between the Premier League and Championship seems to be getting bigger. Out of interest, where are we predicted to finish next season ?
    Currently fourth from bottom.

Leeds have been the far better side going forward.

Hopeless defending by Leeds. Is that why they arent already up?

1 nil to Rylan.

Leeds wide open....still a very well taken goal.... up the Saints.....(despite Martin and Rishi,...)

Leeds must have their abysmal playoff past in their minds now...

Entertaining game this. Brookes looks fecked.

Huge blow if Brooks has to go off...

Rylan needs to get Brookes off.

Southampton look comfortable now....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Currently fourth from bottom.
    👍