+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Loan Report

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Kortrijk equalised in ET 1 - 1 (now 2-1 ahead on aggregate).

Lommel player red carded.

https://www.sofascore.com/lommel-sk-kv-kortrijk/iXbsWac
    3-1 on aggregate now, looks like they're staying up

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    3-1 on aggregate now, looks like they're staying up
    spoke too soon, 3-2 now

spoke too soon, 3-2 now
    4-2

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Kortrijk equalised in ET 1 - 1 (now 2-1 ahead on aggregate).

Lommel player red carded.

https://www.sofascore.com/lommel-sk-kv-kortrijk/iXbsWac
    It's all happening in extra time. Now 3-2 to Kortrijk, 4-2 on aggregate, and Ojo on for the last few minutes.

Ojo came on for the last 6 minutes of extra time and turned the game. I wonder where he'll end up.

And the one who replaced Davies scored a hat trick in extra time

Wonder who we'll loan to them next season.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The RCs won yesterday in Scotland as well
    Took me a while, but I got there eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Wonder who we'll loan to them next season.
    Good question. Rinhomota, Robinson, Romeo, Bagan ...

What kids might benefit from a move there? Tom Davies (if retained)? Joel Colwill? Dylan Lawlor?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Good question. Rinhomota, Robinson, Romeo, Bagan ...

What kids might benefit from a move there? Tom Davies (if retained)? Joel Colwill? Dylan Lawlor?
    I can the first list leaving rather than getting loans, but maybe if that can't be agreed, a bit like Ojo.

Not sure we'll hold onto Tom Davies. Lawlor maybe, and perhaps Giles and Conte. Maybe half a season for Joel Colwill but personally I'd have him in the first team squad. The manager, of course, might think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    And the one who replaced Davies scored a hat trick in extra time
    Thierry Ambrose.

Don't tell Wales Online, but he's going to be our new No 9!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I can the first list leaving rather than getting loans, but maybe if that can't be agreed, a bit like Ojo.

Not sure we'll hold onto Tom Davies. Lawlor maybe, and perhaps Giles and Conte. Maybe half a season for Joel Colwill but personally I'd have him in the first team squad. The manager, of course, might think otherwise.
    Colwill will be 20 in October with just 2 league appearances under his belt, he desperately needs to play senior league football and we know Bulut won't give it to him. Needs a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Colwill will be 20 in October with just 2 league appearances under his belt, he desperately needs to play senior league football and we know Bulut won't give it to him. Needs a loan.
    I agree, needs to be getting senior football somewhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Absolutely. In a nothing season where neither promotion or relegation were ever likely, Colwill got a grand total of 38 minutes of Championship football under Bulut. He needs a loan and preferably one in League One or Two as opposed to Scotland or Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Absolutely. In a nothing season where neither promotion or relegation were ever likely, Colwill got a grand total of 38 minutes of Championship football under Bulut. He needs a loan and preferably one in League One or Two as opposed to Scotland or Belgium.
    surely the top Belgian league is better than league two?

Top scorer and player of the season for Isaak Davies

surely the top Belgian league is better than league two?
    Possibly. Probably. I don’t know, I’ve never watched a game in the Belgian top flight. But I’m not sure if playing over there on loan genuinely benefits young British players.

Do you know of any examples of youngsters who’ve gone to Belgium for a season and then come back and made a mark in the Championship? Not a rhetorical question, I haven’t got a clue if it’s beneficial or not.

Possibly. Probably. I don’t know, I’ve never watched a game in the Belgian top flight. But I’m not sure if playing over there on loan genuinely benefits young British players.

Do you know of any examples of youngsters who’ve gone to Belgium for a season and then come back and made a mark in the Championship? Not a rhetorical question, I haven’t got a clue if it’s beneficial or not.
    Liverpool sent Jared Quansah to league one Bristol Rovers in the 22/23 season, before that he'd made 57 appearances in 3 and a half years for Liverpool u18/21/23 teams. He made 16 appearances for Bristol Rovers.

He made 17 appearances for Liverpool in the league this year, 4 in the FA cup 5 in the EFL cup and 7 in the Europa league.

Doubt many saw that coming off 17 appearances 2 divisions below the PL.

Point is I don't think it always matters where they ho as long as they play, obviously its got to be a fully professional league.

I know plus like Brighton have loan managers and they are selective over where they send their players, was an article on the athletic a while ago which was a good read, cant remember if Liverpool do similar.

That's a fair question. Manchester United used to farm players out to Royal Antwerp, although that's not your question. I'd say that it's a different type of football, completely different to the rigours of the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a fair question. Manchester United used to farm players out to Royal Antwerp, although that's not your question. I'd say that it's a different type of football, completely different to the rigours of the championship.
    Some interesting names on this list. Seems like Frazier Campbell came back a better player though the relative absences of golf courses and hills in Belgium may explain Alan Tate's inability to navigate a golf buggy without crippling himself!

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...-royal-antwerp