+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    since the weather turned good, the tourist hotspots in North wales have been absolutely heaving, mostly with Brummies and scousers according to a friend of mine who lives there.
    I don't think we have as many people popping across the border to tourist things in South Wales, they seem mostly to be local destinations.
    I was in Tenby 10 days ago and it was heaving with English tourists - most sounded like they were from London and the south east.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I was in Tenby 10 days ago and it was heaving with English tourists - most sounded like they were from London and the south east.
    This is Pembrokeshire though, they don't call it "Little England beyond Wales" for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    This is Pembrokeshire though, they don't call it "Little England beyond Wales" for no reason
    True - and my guess is that half the shopkeepers, cafe owners, taxi drivers and people running B&Bs were English. But my point is that the English tourists had to cross the border to get to Tenby - and from the accents it was probably across the bridge and through South Wales, before joining the 10 mile tailback into Pembrokeshire!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    True - and my guess is that half the shopkeepers, cafe owners, taxi drivers and people running B&Bs were English. But my point is that the English tourists had to cross the border to get to Tenby - and from the accents it was probably across the bridge and through South Wales, before joining the 10 mile tailback into Pembrokeshire!
    I'm on holiday St Ives, Cornwall at the moment. It's said to be a hotspot for Covid Delta with 44 cases per 100,000 locally.

So, turned up at a pub for a pint and some lunch. They asked me to sign in via NHS app which I did, then they asked my wife to do then same. She didn't have her phone with her so she offered to complete a contact form. No go they said, no phone no entry.

Gone a bit over the top really!.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I'm on holiday St Ives, Cornwall at the moment. It's said to be a hotspot for Covid Delta with 44 cases per 100,000 locally.

So, turned up at a pub for a pint and some lunch. They asked me to sign in via NHS app which I did, then they asked my wife to do then same. She didn't have her phone with her so she offered to complete a contact form. No go they said, no phone no entry.

Gone a bit over the top really!.
    Ridiculous, what about people who don’t possess a mobile phone

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ridiculous, what about people who don’t possess a mobile phone
    Let them starve!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Yeah 99% of bookings for my place are from England, in fact I can only think of a few from Wales. I guess Welsh people either have their own holiday home or shoot off to the Costa’s….