+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Also are you saying that Republican staffers for Nunes who wrote the memo a couple of weeks ago were using the Inspector General report at whatever stage of drafting it was rather than the evidence released to the Congressional committee? If so why not just wait until the preliminary report was released rather than codding one up themselves.
    Maybe they have sexed up the memo just a little bit, to get ahead of current events? I've no doubt the OIG report is going to be damning, as will further investigations into the FBI, DOJ and the Clintons. In saying that, somebody should realise that they do need to declassify the underlying evidence in order to satisfy people like you, and the other diehard Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe they have sexed up the memo just a little bit, to get ahead of current events? I've no doubt the OIG report is going to be damning, as will further investigations into the FBI, DOJ and the Clintons. In saying that, somebody should realise that they do need to declassify the underlying evidence in order to satisfy people like you, and the other diehard Democrats.
    One man's sexing up is another Trump appointed FBI Director's false narrative it would appear. I still favour the publish and be damned route though.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...because-it-has

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    One man's sexing up is another Trump appointed FBI Director's false narrative it would appear. I still favour the publish and be damned route though.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...because-it-has
    While there are some political elements in play, the aim of the memo is to start a conversation. This conversation will be ongoing and more facts will emerge in the OIG report, and during other government investigations. I agree with you, release the memo and let's see where the chips fall. As the old adage goes, nothing to hide, nothing to fear.