+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UPDATED: David Henderson - Found guilty.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Probably not quite that, but excluding travel in single engine planes, or at least reducing the potential pay out, is common.
    Actually, scrub that. I've just checked and it looks like there probably wouldn't have been that kind of exclusion. Personal accident and travel policies for businesses and individuals usually do, but it appears not when professional sports people are involved.
    There is the potential issue of whether he'd been added to the policy between "signing" and the accident though.

Re: David Henderson goes on trial over charges linked to plane crash which killed Emiliano Sala

Actually, scrub that. I've just checked and it looks like there probably wouldn't have been that kind of exclusion. Personal accident and travel policies for businesses and individuals usually do, but it appears not when professional sports people are involved.
    There is the potential issue of whether he'd been added to the policy between "signing" and the accident though.
    Indeed. That's a second contractual issue in play. The taxi analogy earlier in this thread is an oversimplified and inaccurate analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Indeed. That's a second contractual issue in play. The taxi analogy earlier in this thread is an oversimplified and inaccurate analogy.
    It sure is, I’d hope the guy flying the jet across the Atlantic I’m on might have a bit more knowledge and capability than my taxi driver from the city centre home…..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    How is the taxi analogy inaccurate?
    It's transport of a person in the private hire world.

Just cos he died by air doesn't make any difference.

Doesn't matter whether Nantes, cardiff, mckay or the player himself arranged the flight.
    You must assume nobody knew the pilot didn't have the appropriate licence, otherwise they wouldn't have got the transport involved.

There's 1 guilty party here... the airline.
    And Henderson is part of that according to the prosecution

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

Doesn't matter whether Nantes, cardiff, mckay or the player himself arranged the flight.
    You must assume nobody knew the pilot didn't have the appropriate licence, otherwise they wouldn't have got the transport involved.

There isnt an airline
    Henderson is not the owner (as you have said in an earlier post). He's the operator
    If you knowingly use an illegal operator you are breaking the law

This is not a taxi.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    There isnt an airline
    Henderson is not the owner (as you have said in an earlier post). He's the operator
    If you knowingly use an illegal operator you are breaking the law

This is not a taxi.
    Good god I give up.

Why is everyone taking things literally.

A defacto airline then.
    It's a leasing company whatever you wanna call it.

They are operating as an airline, they are available for hire.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post

The taxi analogy doesn't take into account which party can make a claim against losses incurred by the employer of the victim.
    It could be that City had Sala registered and his contract was valid (in which case they may owe £15M to Nantes) and City then have to take action to recover the £15M from an insurance policy taken out by the club or take action to recover monies from the party/parties held responsible for Sala's death. Other possibilities and complications are possible and it sometimes happens that several parties share culpability.

I thought the prosecution said we were in the process of signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    I thought the prosecution said we were in the process of signing him.
    They can say it all they want - they aren't the deciding party with regard that matter - simply the UK Civil Aviation Authority's acting prosecutors

Stefan Schwarz's contract at Sunderland forbade him from going into space.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Stefan Schwarz's contract at Sunderland forbade him from going into space.
    Same with City's players. Hence the lack of movement on the pitch.