+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff residents despair at 'disgusting' piles of rubbish left by students during moving out week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff residents despair at 'disgusting' piles of rubbish left by students during moving out week

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nothing to do with intelligence, it's just a bunch of kids living away from home for the first time and acting like kids do.

not helped by the fact that most of the Victorian or Edwardian era homes like that have little room for putting Wheely bins etc
    And not helped by the way in which old 2-3 bedroom family homes have been turned into 5-8 bed houses. The "just kids" excuse is something students say themselves; I heard it when I was complaining about the noise - "we're students, it's what we do" (other permanent residents have been told to move away if they don't like it) so it becomes cultural.

The council have tried various initiatives including putting on extra collections at the end of the year but they're partly to blame because since the student allocation increased the area was mismanaged. Sorry for the grizzle - I moved out last year and I'm still a bit pissed off about having to do so.

Re: Cardiff residents despair at 'disgusting' piles of rubbish left by students during moving out week

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    And not helped by the way in which old 2-3 bedroom family homes have been turned into 5-8 bed houses. The "just kids" excuse is something students say themselves; I heard it when I was complaining about the noise - "we're students, it's what we do" (other permanent residents have been told to move away if they don't like it) so it becomes cultural.

The council have tried various initiatives including putting on extra collections at the end of the year but they're partly to blame because since the student allocation increased the area was mismanaged. Sorry for the grizzle - I moved out last year and I'm still a bit pissed off about having to do so.
    I grew up in the area as well. I agree something needs to be done about the rubbish as even throughout the year it can be a problem. I think that students do contribute a lot to the area though